Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] recovery or root on s-off incredible s without cable

OP Sirmasih

16th May 2014, 12:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi Guys. My HTC incredible's Port is broken and I need a way to root my phone or Install a recovery on it without using cable, Keep in mind that my phone is already S-off.
Last edited by Sirmasih; 16th May 2014 at 12:13 PM.
16th May 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #2  
Flag Persia!
Thanks Meter: 282

619 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirmasih

Hi Guys. My HTC incredible's Port is broken and I need a way to root my phone or Install a recovery on it without using cable, Keep in mind that my phone is already S-off.

I'm not sure about the recovery. Maybe you can push it by ADB but I don't think it will work. If by any means you could install a recovery, download the flashable SuperSU from chainfire's website and flash it by recovery to have root.
16th May 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternalman

I'm not sure about the recovery. Maybe you can push it by ADB but I don't think it will work. If by any means you could install a recovery, download the flashable SuperSU from chainfire's website and flash it by recovery to have root.

Is there any way to flash a recovery by bootloader. Like the way we flash a Radio on the Cellphone.
18th May 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 79

145 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirmasih

Is there any way to flash a recovery by bootloader. Like the way we flash a Radio on the Cellphone.

Yes, make PG32IMG.zip with recovery inside. Take this link forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1918450 download example recovery from this topic

Wysłane z mojego Incredible 4G LTE
The Following User Says Thank You to psone1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by psone1

Yes, make PG32IMG.zip with recovery inside. Take this link forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1918450 download example recovery from this topic

Wysłane z mojego Incredible 4G LTE

Thanks. It Worked.
7th June 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
More
It is easy to change the USB-Port in IncS. Did it myself. Just unskrew the plastic back and lift it off with a Blacktrum or something else. USB-Port is connectet via flat cable to MoBo. Search YouTube for " HTC Incredible S Screen Take Apart Repair Guide" to see how to disassamble.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread