Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 48,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] recovery or root on s-off incredible s without cable

Tip us?

Sirmasih
Old
(Last edited by Sirmasih; 16th May 2014 at 11:13 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] recovery or root on s-off incredible s without cable

Hi Guys. My HTC incredible's Port is broken and I need a way to root my phone or Install a recovery on it without using cable, Keep in mind that my phone is already S-off.

Eternalman
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirmasih View Post
Hi Guys. My HTC incredible's Port is broken and I need a way to root my phone or Install a recovery on it without using cable, Keep in mind that my phone is already S-off.
I'm not sure about the recovery. Maybe you can push it by ADB but I don't think it will work. If by any means you could install a recovery, download the flashable SuperSU from chainfire's website and flash it by recovery to have root.

Sirmasih
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternalman View Post
I'm not sure about the recovery. Maybe you can push it by ADB but I don't think it will work. If by any means you could install a recovery, download the flashable SuperSU from chainfire's website and flash it by recovery to have root.
Is there any way to flash a recovery by bootloader. Like the way we flash a Radio on the Cellphone.

psone1
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirmasih View Post
Is there any way to flash a recovery by bootloader. Like the way we flash a Radio on the Cellphone.
Yes, make PG32IMG.zip with recovery inside. Take this link forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1918450 download example recovery from this topic

Wysłane z mojego Incredible 4G LTE
The Following User Says Thank You to psone1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sirmasih
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by psone1 View Post
Yes, make PG32IMG.zip with recovery inside. Take this link forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1918450 download example recovery from this topic

Wysłane z mojego Incredible 4G LTE
Thanks. It Worked.

reellamer
Old
Thanks Meter 2
It is easy to change the USB-Port in IncS. Did it myself. Just unskrew the plastic back and lift it off with a Blacktrum or something else. USB-Port is connectet via flat cable to MoBo. Search YouTube for " HTC Incredible S Screen Take Apart Repair Guide" to see how to disassamble.