FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] recovery or root on s-off incredible s without cable

16th May 2014, 11:08 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi Guys. My HTC incredible's Port is broken and I need a way to root my phone or Install a recovery on it without using cable, Keep in mind that my phone is already S-off.
Last edited by Sirmasih; 16th May 2014 at 11:13 AM.
 
 
16th May 2014, 05:00 PM |#2  
Eternalman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Persia!
Thanks Meter: 287
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirmasih

Hi Guys. My HTC incredible's Port is broken and I need a way to root my phone or Install a recovery on it without using cable, Keep in mind that my phone is already S-off.

I'm not sure about the recovery. Maybe you can push it by ADB but I don't think it will work. If by any means you could install a recovery, download the flashable SuperSU from chainfire's website and flash it by recovery to have root.
16th May 2014, 10:50 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternalman

I'm not sure about the recovery. Maybe you can push it by ADB but I don't think it will work. If by any means you could install a recovery, download the flashable SuperSU from chainfire's website and flash it by recovery to have root.

Is there any way to flash a recovery by bootloader. Like the way we flash a Radio on the Cellphone.
18th May 2014, 08:10 PM |#4  
psone1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirmasih

Is there any way to flash a recovery by bootloader. Like the way we flash a Radio on the Cellphone.

Yes, make PG32IMG.zip with recovery inside. Take this link forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1918450 download example recovery from this topic

Wysłane z mojego Incredible 4G LTE
The Following User Says Thank You to psone1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 01:20 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by psone1

Yes, make PG32IMG.zip with recovery inside. Take this link forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1918450 download example recovery from this topic

Wysłane z mojego Incredible 4G LTE

Thanks. It Worked.
7th June 2014, 03:50 PM |#6  
reellamer's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
It is easy to change the USB-Port in IncS. Did it myself. Just unskrew the plastic back and lift it off with a Blacktrum or something else. USB-Port is connectet via flat cable to MoBo. Search YouTube for " HTC Incredible S Screen Take Apart Repair Guide" to see how to disassamble.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes