Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 39,549 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone Application

Tip us?

BuntyRulz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Phone Application

Hi Experts,

I have been facing the problem of not being able to do a conference call as the SM-G900S model does not allow a merge call facility. Have been trying to flash the custom roms, but to no avail. So just had the idea of installing the phone app standalone from any other ROM. Thankfully Samsung allows us to change the phone app- so I am thinking that if I do a custom install from any one of the roms - this should fix my issue.

So my question here is - which is the .apk file which will install a phone application for me ? I have come across the phonesky.apk - but I think this wont do the trick..

Any suggestions ?

Thanks & Regards,
BuntyRulz

BuntyRulz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Resolved ROM Issue SM-G900S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuntyRulz View Post
Hi Experts,

I have been facing the problem of not being able to do a conference call as the SM-G900S model does not allow a merge call facility. Have been trying to flash the custom roms, but to no avail. So just had the idea of installing the phone app standalone from any other ROM. Thankfully Samsung allows us to change the phone app- so I am thinking that if I do a custom install from any one of the roms - this should fix my issue.

So my question here is - which is the .apk file which will install a phone application for me ? I have come across the phonesky.apk - but I think this wont do the trick..

Any suggestions ?

Thanks & Regards,
BuntyRulz

Ok - seem to have resolved it by myself.

Following recovery file is working from Odin 3.7 :

****://pan.baidu.com/wap/album/file?uk=704970239&album_id=6031394112765541086&fsi d=1098522244643130 file - g900l-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.8-en(0422).tar

You have to click on the right hand side blue button....

This will put the recovery properly and allow you to update any custom rom with the necessary phone app. Finally managed to do it