Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,208 Members 37,920 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't connect to camera

Tip us?

nikdimas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Post [Q] Can't connect to camera

Hey my camera was just running fine on my stock rom on my note 2. However when I installed custom rom (dn3 and omega), all it does was failed to connect to camera every time I try to load camera.

I tried a lot of things like safe mode, run another camera app, clear cache, wipe data, reinstalled a diferent rom etc, changed kernel from omega's stock to agni (omega's stock was causing me all my apps to FC) but I still could NOT get my camera to boot. I tried runnign the stock test thing *#0*# but only my front camera can boot while the back one FC.

Any ideas what I should do next?

(I have no idea which stock ROM to use and whether I can downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.1.x or lower)
(I also have no idea whether I can go from R3 of my AGNI kernel to R2 without causing problems)
ROM: Omega v29
Kernel: Nadia r3
Version: 4.4.2
Bootloader: MJ5
Recovery: TWRP
Phone: Note 2 N7100

bunglebp
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikdimas View Post
Hey my camera was just running fine on my stock rom on my note 2. However when I installed custom rom (dn3 and omega), all it does was failed to connect to camera every time I try to load camera.

I tried a lot of things like safe mode, run another camera app, clear cache, wipe data, reinstalled a diferent rom etc, changed kernel from omega's stock to agni (omega's stock was causing me all my apps to FC) but I still could NOT get my camera to boot. I tried runnign the stock test thing *#0*# but only my front camera can boot while the back one FC.

Any ideas what I should do next?

(I have no idea which stock ROM to use and whether I can downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.1.x or lower)
(I also have no idea whether I can go from R3 of my AGNI kernel to R2 without causing problems)
I would suggest a full wipe including preload and cache / dalvik / data and flash ROM (DN3 V5+ works great) let ROM settle and try again if works then flash Agni Kernel R2 after

DN3 ROM | Bunglebp Custom Theme | Custom Pull down Menu

Previously Sungsonic ROM with Redpill Kernel and O/C 1.8ghz but now Upgraded
Previous Phone Galaxy S3

nikdimas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunglebp View Post
I would suggest a full wipe including preload and cache / dalvik / data and flash ROM (DN3 V5+ works great) let ROM settle and try again if works then flash Agni Kernel R2 after
yea did that but it only FCs everywhere on every app. :/

I tried another kernel (nadia) and until now no FCs.

What's the difference? What mistake did I make -_-" aren't kernel cross compatible?
ROM: Omega v29
Kernel: Nadia r3
Version: 4.4.2
Bootloader: MJ5
Recovery: TWRP
Phone: Note 2 N7100