Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Build Ubuntu Touch using cm11?

Tip us?

aribk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Build Ubuntu Touch using cm11?

Hi

My goal is to build Ubuntu Touch for the Ideos X5 U8800. So far, I have only had trouble finding and setting up the source for a cm-10.1 build. Finally, I gave up and built cm-11 using Blefish's device source tree. Everything works just fine.

So the question is: Can Ubuntu Touch be built using cm-11, or is cm-10.1 the only option at the moment?

Best regards,
aribk

reellamer
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Ubuntu is based on CM? Thougt the only thing in common is parts of the kernel??
So, it will more or less be able to port ubuntu to other devices just by changing kernel and baseband?

RumoredNow
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by reellamer View Post
Ubuntu is based on CM? Thougt the only thing in common is parts of the kernel??
So, it will more or less be able to port ubuntu to other devices just by changing kernel and baseband?
Libhybris is being utilized by Ubuntu for Devices, Sailfish, Open webOS and others to form a base layer compatibility with Android hardware drivers (above and beyond just the baseband [radio]). This is what gets the ports to work with Android hardware... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybris_(software)

The mainline efforts have focused on Nexus hardware and seem to have formed a consensus that CyanogenMod 10.x is the best jumping off point.
Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile Variant): Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers
LG Nexus 4 (16GB): Sailfish OS EA3
Asus Nexus 7 (2012 WiFi 32GB): Factory Google KitKat 4.4.4 + francoKernel & Xposed
The Following User Says Thank You to RumoredNow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]