MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

[Q] my s5 g900h heatsup a lot when I charge it with usb 3.0 is this normal .

7th June 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #21  
OP Member
Flag jaipur
Thanks Meter: 0

35 posts
More
Thanx bro ... vse tum ho kanha se
7th June 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #22  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 4,521

6,772 posts
Donate to Me
More
USB 2.0 is limited to around ~500ma while 3.0 can supply more, so a USB 3.0 port should be able to charge similarly to an outlet wall charger.

As far as I know the cables themselves are similar, it's just the ports and devices that are different. That doesn't mean a low quality cable won't limit performance though.

Edit: It's also worth pointing out that some OEMs (Apple, HP) use non-standard USB cables as a way to force people into buying replacement parts from them. These cables are, by definition, not quality and can cause all sorts of weirdness when used with anything not made by that company(eg. ipad + apple cable + non-mac usb port). Basically, if the device can tell the difference between a generic good quality usb cable and the one it came with then it uses a non-standard cable.

This is especially important since USB 2.0 ports can't handle the same amount of load a USB 3.0 can, so if you have a cable that's been modified and a device accidently draws more power than the port can handle you're going to be left with a burned out/dead USB port.
Last edited by xHausx; 7th June 2014 at 05:49 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, charging, heating
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank