Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

Swiftkey not flowing any more

OP itm

7th June 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

857 posts
I have both Switfkey and Swiftkey Beta installed, and I have lost "flow" functionality with both of them (it is enabled in the Swiftkey settings, and has been working fine up to now). I did accept the Swiftkey update not long ago, but don't know for sure whether the problem existed prior to the update.

I'm running Phoenix ROM 8.0

Has anyone else had this problem?
7th June 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re:
I had this problem on my i9505 under Cyanogenmod 11 (4.4.2). I don't know if you tried this already, I uninstalled both apps and put only SwiftKey (didn't actually liked the beta so much) back, and normal swiftkey started "swiping" again. Haven't tried with the beta. Also, between the uninstalls and installs, rebooted the phone and set default input to AOSP.
7th June 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

857 posts
I just tried uninstalling the beta and I got predictions back on the normal Swiftkey release. But I really like the numeric keys on the Beta so tried to install it again from the Swiftkey beta site. For some reason this version expired on June 5th - i.e. it'll download and install but it's an expired version.

Does anyone know where to get a Beta that hasn't expired?
7th June 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bucharest

6 posts
Donate to Me
More
Tried googling for New update for SwiftKey emoji beta out today 2 june (2 june is the latest beta release I think). Hit the first result. Link working, apk working, does not seem like expired to me. Isn't this the beta you were talking about?
7th June 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

857 posts
It turns out that the link I had to the beta (from Google) was a link to an out-of-date beta. On this occasion Google was not my friend :0(
7th June 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #6  
Flag Bucharest

6 posts
Donate to Me
More
So it's all OK now? Swiping works? (if it turned out OK for you I'd put up the beta again as default keyboard.. to give it another try).

Quote:
Originally Posted by itm

It turns out that the link I had to the beta (from Google) was a link to an out-of-date beta. On this occasion Google was not my friend :0(

7th June 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

857 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodominea

So it's all OK now? Swiping works? (if it turned out OK for you I'd put up the beta again as default keyboard.. to give it another try).

Yep swiping is back too. It seems that expiry of the beta had also crippled the mainstream release. All was resolved when I found the correct version of the beta.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread