Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,847 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Swiftkey not flowing any more

Tip us?

itm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Swiftkey not flowing any more

I have both Switfkey and Swiftkey Beta installed, and I have lost "flow" functionality with both of them (it is enabled in the Swiftkey settings, and has been working fine up to now). I did accept the Swiftkey update not long ago, but don't know for sure whether the problem existed prior to the update.

I'm running Phoenix ROM 8.0

Has anyone else had this problem?

bodominea
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Default Re:

I had this problem on my i9505 under Cyanogenmod 11 (4.4.2). I don't know if you tried this already, I uninstalled both apps and put only SwiftKey (didn't actually liked the beta so much) back, and normal swiftkey started "swiping" again. Haven't tried with the beta. Also, between the uninstalls and installs, rebooted the phone and set default input to AOSP.

itm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
I just tried uninstalling the beta and I got predictions back on the normal Swiftkey release. But I really like the numeric keys on the Beta so tried to install it again from the Swiftkey beta site. For some reason this version expired on June 5th - i.e. it'll download and install but it's an expired version.

Does anyone know where to get a Beta that hasn't expired?

bodominea
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Tried googling for New update for SwiftKey emoji beta out today 2 june (2 june is the latest beta release I think). Hit the first result. Link working, apk working, does not seem like expired to me. Isn't this the beta you were talking about?

itm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
It turns out that the link I had to the beta (from Google) was a link to an out-of-date beta. On this occasion Google was not my friend :0(

bodominea
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
So it's all OK now? Swiping works? (if it turned out OK for you I'd put up the beta again as default keyboard.. to give it another try).

Quote:
Originally Posted by itm View Post
It turns out that the link I had to the beta (from Google) was a link to an out-of-date beta. On this occasion Google was not my friend :0(

itm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodominea View Post
So it's all OK now? Swiping works? (if it turned out OK for you I'd put up the beta again as default keyboard.. to give it another try).
Yep swiping is back too. It seems that expiry of the beta had also crippled the mainstream release. All was resolved when I found the correct version of the beta.