OP jwshields

6th June 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 6

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwshields

Hi all,

I've been digging around this subforum and the unbranded M8 forum, I'm trying to figure out which custom ROM I want to go with but can't decide- they all have really neat features which I like.
I have an HTC One M8 Verizon, running an official/dev bootloader 1.55.605.2, unlocked bootloader, S-OFF and rooted, stock Android 4.4.2 Sense 6.0

I'm considering InsertCoin, but am not sure if it's compatible with my current setup, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2727300
Also considering VenomOne, but again, not sure about the bootloader version, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2705292

Any ideas or advice? Switching my bootloader is not something I really want to do at the moment, but I could if needed. The reason why I'd rather not switch it is because I have a bootloader which is signed by HTC & has full adb root/su

I like the Skyfall but always come back to Viper for the exchange mod. If they would add that to Skyfall I would stay there.
7th June 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #12  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 108

652 posts
More
Why not try 'em all?

When you install a custom ROM and configure it to suit you with all your apps installed backup your apps, etc. and then reboot to recovery, backup your ROM and wipe and install the next ROM.

It'll take you a few days but you'll find the one you like and be able to switch anytime by rebooting into recovery and restoring the backup of the ROM you want.

FWIW, I was running CyanogenMod last night but had a problem connecting to the free WiFi in the restaurant so I rebooted to recovery, did a backup of CM, deleted old backup of CM and restored my Clean Rom back up to see if it would connect, it did and now I'm on Clean until CM gets a few more updates to fix WiFi, it took only a few minutes to switch.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread