Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 44,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just got M8!

Tip us?

Zeebz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Thumbs up Just got M8!

Just got the M8. I am loving the phone so far! I'm coming from a Nexus 4 and am very happy with the M8 so far. I did have some texting issues yesterday where like 1 out of every 10-20 texts would fail and I'd hit resend and it would resend the text (along with a few duplicates). I did a factory reset and switched from Hangouts to the stock messaging app and that seems to have solved the issue.

Aside from that, this phone is amazing. It's lightning quick and is extremely responsive!
Current Device -- HTC One (M8) Google Play Edition

Previous Devices -- Samsung Captivate | Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket | Nexus 4

williamtell
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebz View Post
Just got the M8. I am loving the phone so far! I'm coming from a Nexus 4 and am very happy with the M8 so far. I did have some texting issues yesterday where like 1 out of every 10-20 texts would fail and I'd hit resend and it would resend the text (along with a few duplicates). I did a factory reset and switched from Hangouts to the stock messaging app and that seems to have solved the issue.

Aside from that, this phone is amazing. It's lightning quick and is extremely responsive!
Good to see that you like it after the Nexus 4. Been browsing all forums for that "final confirmation" to go for it after having the 4G LTE with sprint have been a bit put off on HTC devices but have been admiring the M7 from a distance...

In-regards to the issue that you had ... any chance you were connected to WiFi ?
Reason I ask is I had the same issue last night (Google Hangout) while connected to ours.
Once I dropped the connection an went solely on my carriers data (T-Mobile) everything came through just fine...

HTC One M8
Hboot: 3.16.0
Software: Renovate Milestone 3.0
Recovery: TWRP

JayRolla
Old
Thanks Meter 65
The issue sounds like a carrier or Wi-Fi issue. Not phone issue. You will love this phone. I traded my gs5 in for this and never looked back. Gs5 felt so cheap and it was laggy out the box

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

luutuan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Congrats! and an advise, hold it tight, it is really slippery, I dropped mine twice times, and lesson learned: aluminum is a soft metal

phatmanxxl
Old
Thanks Meter 1092
I came from the G2, love this phone.
I am phatman and I am a flashaholic
LG G2 D800

williamtell
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayRolla View Post
The issue sounds like a carrier or Wi-Fi issue. Not phone issue. You will love this phone. I traded my gs5 in for this and never looked back. Gs5 felt so cheap and it was laggy out the box

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
seems that everyone is pretty pleased with this release in comparison to the predecessors...
(minus evo... god how I miss the days with my first Evo)

I noticed that... played around with the GS5 yesterday... Also explored the development forums a bit and it seem pretty vacant in comparison.
Added selling factor it appears Sense dramatically improved aesthetically and in performance.. hell of a lot less clunky than before..

Sorry OP not trying to divert topic too much..

HTC One M8
Hboot: 3.16.0
Software: Renovate Milestone 3.0
Recovery: TWRP

Ghost
Old
Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3884
Thread closed,

This thread has already started talking about other phones, which is against forum rules.

Many thanks,

Ghost

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe