Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 53,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]LG G2 re-flashing or rooting stock 4.4.2 bad rom

Tip us?

twon23
Old
(Last edited by twon23; 4th April 2014 at 03:28 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q]LG G2 re-flashing or rooting stock 4.4.2 bad rom

Hi all,

First off I've tried now for a two days to solve this, reading as much as I could find on here and the rest of the internet.

I decided to root my LG D802 running 4.2 and install CWM recovery no problem. Next I flashed a stock 4.4.2 vodaphone img. All went well untill i tried to use the touch screen, which shows that when i press on one point on the screen it selects multiple points basically its unusable and unable to do almost anything with it, however i have managed to turn on ADB and connect to the phone. So now i have a stock recovery and an unusable ROM.

So next up I tried to rooting it since I had ADB shell working ok, using the IOROOT25. This appears to work as when it reboots and installs the kkroot.zip in the recovery it's saying it worked. Now when I reboot and open ADB shell then type SU to get root I can't press ok when superuser pops up to asking me to give it permission, because of the touch screen problem.

If i can get root in ADB then remount the files system then i will be able to DD a new recovery img??

After getting this far and loosing, I then found this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476 on flashing to stock, but the program crashes every time it's about to flash, so i tried doing a fresh install of windows 7 and then tried windows 8 however the program still crashes every time and yes I have followed the instructions and tried the manual method and checking the 127.0.0.0. lgblahblah is there

So no I am turning to you guys for help.

phone details;
Model: D802 32GB
Firmware operator: VDF
sw version: D80220a
ro.build.fingerprint: lge/g2_vdf_com/g2:4.4.2/KOT49I.D80220a/D80220a.1392133741:user/release-keys
Recovery: <3e> KOT49I.D80220a test-keys

twon23
Old
(Last edited by twon23; 4th April 2014 at 03:40 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
UPADATE: I have root but getting this error when trying to flash the recovery:

+] loki_flash v2.0
[-] Loki aboot version does not match device.

any ideas?

Ok so i found a different aboot img pushed to the phone and flashed that using dd
Code:
dd if=/data/local/tmp/about.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
this solved the problem above and a allowed me to flash cwm recovery. This then broke the installed rom so it wouldn't boot. now I had a custom recovery i flashed a EUR open 16gb stock zip this all went well and now i have a working phone What i should of done is remove the stock recovery.img from the zip and the line to flash it in the update script so it didn't flash the stock recovery.

This now leaves me with the loki flash problem above when trying to flash a custom recovery i could flash a different aboot.img but i don't want to break the current rom.

Any one else found a way to solve this problem?

Mustafa1
Old
(Last edited by Mustafa1; 30th May 2014 at 08:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default need help

need help please!!
i have pretty much the same as your first problem, i installed the vodafone kitkat and the touch went crazy
and the custom recovery was deleted
and the lg support tool doesnt work for me
i dont know what to do.

sorry i forgot to mention that my phone is lg g2 d802 16 GB

twon23
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa1 View Post
need help please!!
i have pretty much the same as your first problem, i installed the vodafone kitkat and the touch went crazy
i dont know what to do.

Have you tried running IO root to again root on your device? Also do you know much about linux, command line and android tools like ADB? Or do I need to explain the commands step by step?

Mustafa1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by twon23 View Post
Have you tried running IO root to again root on your device? Also do you know much about linux, command line and android tools like ADB? Or do I need to explain the commands step by step?
i downloaded ioroot25 and extracted it and ran root.bat

Looking for device...
Make sure drivers are installed. Check Windows Device Manager.
Make sure proper USB Debugging mode is enabled.
Verizon users make sure ethernet mode is selected.
Did you check phone screen for Yes/No prompt?
(select checkbox to always remember then hit yes)
...sometimes you need to unplug the USB cable then re-plug.

Determining device model...
Rebooting into stock recovery...
When recovery loads, select: *apply update from adb* with power button...
then press Enter/Return on your keyboard.
Press any key to continue . . .

(here the phone restarts and LG logo appears with (secure booting error)message in the upper left corner, and when i press any key)

Reboot back into System after flash in recovery finishes.

and when pressing any key the cmd closes and the phone stays on with black screen and the back light on

in the pc i get many windows about formating drives (from H to S)

and i dont know anything about linux or command line

would you explain it to me??

twon23
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Ok so your phone not longer boots, correct? Do you know what build/version plus any other details of the rom you flashed? or even a link so i can have a look at the rom you have installed. Can you get into recovery mode and is it still a stock recovery image? also what is your phone d802? 16gb 32gb?

Ponsonby_Britt
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
i downloaded ioroot25 and extracted it and ran root.bat

Looking for device...
Make sure drivers are installed. Check Windows Device Manager.
Make sure proper USB Debugging mode is enabled.
Verizon users make sure ethernet mode is selected.
Did you check phone screen for Yes/No prompt?
(select checkbox to always remember then hit yes)
...sometimes you need to unplug the USB cable then re-plug.

Determining device model...
Rebooting into stock recovery...
When recovery loads, select: *apply update from adb* with power button...
then press Enter/Return on your keyboard.

(here the phone restarts and LG logo appears with (secure booting error)message in the upper left corner, and when i press any key)

Reboot back into System after flash in recovery finishes.

and when pressing any key the cmd closes and the phone stays on with black screen and the back light on

in the pc i get many windows about formating drives (from H to S)

and i dont know anything about linux or command line

would you explain it to me??
If you're running root.bat as an admin, try executing it without admin privileges. Dunno why, but it seemed to work for me.

makgun
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
need help please!!
i dont know what to do.

Did you try to flash CWM recovery? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142 This thread has What you need to do .. After then you can nandroid backup after then wipe everything except EFS on twrp after that you can stock_kitkat.zip on the xda forum. Efter that restore data via twrp.

I think that It will be correct without deleting your current rom ...

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by makgun View Post
Did you try to flash CWM recovery? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142 This thread has What you need to do .. After then you can nandroid backup after then wipe everything except EFS on twrp after that you can stock_kitkat.zip on the xda forum. Efter that restore data via twrp.

I think that It will be correct without deleting your current rom ...
NOT CWM , it is TWRP

Are you from turkey?

Tags
flashing, lgg2, root