Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,725 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I need help!!!!!!!!

Tip us?

shanal80
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I need help!!!!!!!!

trying to put rooted phone back to stock but my command prompt wont work because it doesnt work on my pc or my pc doesnt recognize my phone. i was going to keep custom rom on my phone but i dont have phone or mobile access. i installed the latest radio so i could get my phone and number grid to show but when i go to make a call theres no ringtone and i cant acces the internet with my mobile data. i dont know what went wrong and im getting very frustrated. i tried putting another custom rom onto my phone thinking this might solve the problem but when i go to copy the file to my phone it says cant copy because boot.img doesnt exist. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?

shanal80
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Do i need a boot.img on my sd card and if so how do i get one?

when i go to copy the viper one custom rom to my Sprint rooted HTC ONE it analyzes it then a pop up comes up and and aks me if i want to be able to play media files on your device and I select the yes(recommended) choice, so then another pop up comes up saying can not copy boot.img and it stops copying. Do i need a boot.img on my sd card or how what? I'm thinking this is why I cant make any phone calls or have mobile data service on my phone. I installed the lastest radio for my phone but it still won't allow me to do any of that.

shanal80
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone do i need a boot.img on sd card and if so what do i need to do?

when i go to copy the viper one custom rom to my Sprint rooted HTC ONE it analyzes it then a pop up comes up and and aks me if i want to be able to play media files on your device and I select the yes(recommended) choice, so then another pop up comes up saying can not copy boot.img and it stops copying. Do i need a boot.img on my sd card or what? I'm thinking this is why I cant make any phone calls or have mobile data service on my phone. I installed the lastest radio for my phone but it still won't allow me to do any of that.

shanal80
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanal80 View Post
when i go to copy the viper one custom rom to my Sprint rooted HTC ONE it analyzes it then a pop up comes up and and aks me if i want to be able to play media files on your device and I select the yes(recommended) choice, so then another pop up comes up saying can not copy boot.img and it stops copying. Do i need a boot.img on my sd card or what? I'm thinking this is why I cant make any phone calls or have mobile data service on my phone. I installed the lastest radio for my phone but it still won't allow me to do any of that.
105 views and no replies? I thought I'd have help by now.

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7593

DONATE TO ME
If you want to return to stock run the latest RUU

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shanal80
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
If you want to return to stock run the latest RUU
I've tried but my phone won't lock because I supposedly Don't have a boot.img
File on the sd card. And I can't copy stock rom to phone because it can't read boot.img file. I don't know where to go or what to do.

luigi311
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanal80 View Post
I've tried but my phone won't lock because I supposedly Don't have a boot.img
File on the sd card. And I can't copy stock rom to phone because it can't read boot.img file. I don't know where to go or what to do.
To run a RUU u don't need to copy anything. Turn off the device then turn it back on while holding volume down. If it boots into a white screen (hboot) then u can RUU. Select fastboot and make sure it says fastboot USB when ur in the menu if not then ur computer is missing drivers if it does then u are ready to RUU. Note if you are S-On then u will need to relock your bootloader

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

alexjzim
Old
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi311 View Post
To run a RUU u don't need to copy anything. Turn off the device then turn it back on while holding volume down. If it boots into a white screen (hboot) then u can RUU. Select fastboot and make sure it says fastboot USB when ur in the menu if not then ur computer is missing drivers if it does then u are ready to RUU. Note if you are S-On then u will need to relock your bootloader

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
As luigi said..

On the computer side, make sure you have the android sdk installed somewhere. Go to advanced system settings>enironment variables>path>edit, and then add a new path at the end by using ;
It should look something like "....C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;D:\D_System\Programs;D:\D_System\Android\sdk" (mines on the D:/ drive"

install htc sync + drivers, then UNINSTALL htc sync (but not drivers). http://www.htc.com/us/support/softwa...c-manager.aspx

This is the ruu you want: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658910. Download the first link and follow his instructions.

PS
In your terminal, when you open it, type cd C:/, and then cd [your folders] until you narrow in on your "platform-tools" folder in your sdk. That is where your fastboot and adb files are. It is also a good idea to move items you are working with into that folder.

PSS I just went through the same process yesterday after I deleted my system restores and all my data lol
Current Devices:
HTC One M7 (sprint)
Nexus 7 32gb (2013)

Legacy Phones:
Evo LTE (sprint > Evo 3D (sprint) > Evo 4g (sprint) > Samsung Intercept (VM)
> Htc Hero (sprint) > tmo g1 (tmo)
Legacy Tablets:
Nexus 7 32gb (2012) > Nexus 7 16gb (2012)

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7593

DONATE TO ME
He's all good fellas I helped him get it sorted

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]