[Q] Partitions Issue

5th June 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello, I'm having a little issue with partitions, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Ace with Mardon's modded CM11 (nightly build 20140326), and with a 4GB SD card. Since I instaled CWM 6, I can't do any partitions through CWM, so I installed MiniTool Partition Wizard to make them, I formatted the phone an the SD card completely, and I created an ext2 partition (3GB for SD card, and the rest of the space for the partition), but now I get a lot of issues on my phone, for example, Link2SD is showing 3 different partitions, SD Card, External SD Card, Ext Partition, when previously I just had SD Card and the partition.

Also, Total Commander shows 3 folders on the main screen, 2 of them are "SD-card" and "Sd-Card(3)", they have the same free space, and the same files inside of them. The first SD Card directory is /storage/sdcard0, and the third one is /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0.

So, how do I get it to work like it was before? I want just one SD-card folder

(And this still happens if I set the ext partition size to 512 or less, so I don't think that matters)

Thanks for the help, and I apologize if what I wrote doesn't make sense, English is not my main language.

(Also, here's some pics of Total Commander, Link2SD and the MiniTool)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-05-17-40-15.png
Views:	11
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	2782770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-05-17-41-18.png
Views:	5
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	2782771   Click image for larger version

Name:	te.png
Views:	3
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	2782772  
Last edited by Cepillado; 5th June 2014 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Number misspell
6th June 2014, 07:13 AM   |  #2  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cepillado

Hello, I'm having a little issue with partitions, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Ace with Mardon's modded CM11 (nightly build 20140326), and with a 4GB SD card. Since I instaled CWM 6, I can't do any partitions through CWM, so I installed MiniTool Partition Wizard to make them, I formatted the phone an the SD card completely, and I created an ext2 partition (3GB for SD card, and the rest of the space for the partition), but now I get a lot of issues on my phone, for example, Link2SD is showing 3 different partitions, SD Card, External SD Card, Ext Partition, when previously I just had SD Card and the partition.

Also, Total Commander shows 3 folders on the main screen, 2 of them are "SD-card" and "Sd-Card(3)", they have the same free space, and the same files inside of them. The first SD Card directory is /storage/sdcard0, and the third one is /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0.

So, how do I get it to work like it was before? I want just one SD-card folder

(And this still happens if I set the ext partition size to 512 or less, so I don't think that matters)

Thanks for the help, and I apologize if what I wrote doesn't make sense, English is not my main language.

(Also, here's some pics of Total Commander, Link2SD and the MiniTool)

I actually don't quite understand your issue here, but I think MiniTool partition wizard does help.
7th June 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbony

I actually don't quite understand your issue here, but I think MiniTool partition wizard does help.

Basically, my phone shows a "SD card" folder, an "Ext SD Card" folder and the partition folder, but the "SD Card" and "Ext SD Card" have the same content, and the same free space, I just want to delete the "Ext SD Card" folder from my phone, so it only shows the "SD Card" folder, however, in MiniTool Partition Wizard, I only have the SD Card and the ext partition, so I don't know how to erase the "Ext SD Card" folder from the phone.

You can see it on the screenshots, total commander shows 3 main folders, two of them are the same folder, but with different names (1 and 3), and Link2SD shows them as "SD Card" and "Ext SD Card", with the same free space.

I just want the phone to show the SD Card folder and the partition folder, not an "Ext SD Card" folder, like it was before.

Also, if I don't know if this helps but, the SD cards directory are /storage/sdcard0 for SD Card and /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0 for Ext SD Card
Last edited by Cepillado; 7th June 2014 at 06:47 PM. Reason: I forgot to add the directory.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread