Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,873 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] So, my battery bloated.

Tip us?

MayB4ck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default [Q] So, my battery bloated.

As the title says, my original battery bloated, I found a 2430 mAh battery on aliexpress
LINK HERE
I will also accept any other suggestions so feel free to post your opinions about what battery i should get
DEVICES

Samsung Galaxy W GT-i8150 || DarkCM 4.4.4 || K^Kernel 390mb RAM. || @1.6GHz SmartassV2 + BFQ and a motherload of tweaks = ~20 FPS Playable heavy games (Real Racing 3)

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-i9195 || Stock ROM 4.2.2 || No custom kernels/tweaks

keithross39
Old
(Last edited by keithross39; 6th June 2014 at 10:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1181
DO NOT TRUST.........
gold brand + high capacity = FAKE FAKE FAKE.......
have a look here instead......
3in1 Charger + Battery
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GY060K..._4RIKtb080D2JD
I've done a lot of research into this.
There are a couple of brands that should be considered.....one of them is ANKER, the other is provided in the link......
Anything else you find (especially 'gold'), is likely to be fake.....and almost certainly will be of lower capacity than stated......
And the only way of finding a Samsung battery is to buy direct from Samsung......
But I can't state this strongly enough......
STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING CALLED GOLD........

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right

MayB4ck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithross39 View Post
DO NOT TRUST.........
gold brand + high capacity = FAKE FAKE FAKE.......
have a look here instead......
3in1 Charger + Battery
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GY060K..._4RIKtb080D2JD
I've done a lot of research into this.
There are a couple of brands that should be considered.....one of them is ANKER, the other is provided in the link......
Anything else you find (especially 'gold'), is likely to be fake.....and almost certainly will be of lower capacity than stated......
And the only way of finding a Samsung battery is to buy direct from Samsung......
But I can't state this strongly enough......
STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING CALLED GOLD........

Thanks for the tip, I didn't actually beieve that "2430mAh" thingy, but i thought i should give it a shot. thats why i posted it on XDA. I will look into this battery you posted, looks legit with a charger and everything
DEVICES

Samsung Galaxy W GT-i8150 || DarkCM 4.4.4 || K^Kernel 390mb RAM. || @1.6GHz SmartassV2 + BFQ and a motherload of tweaks = ~20 FPS Playable heavy games (Real Racing 3)

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1181
It's not just the misleading mAh, it's also the lack of quality control where these batteries are made......
They quite often use sub standard parts, which will lead to a shorter user life, and in some cases prove dangerous......
The battery/charger I linked to is built in Germany where standards are infinitely higher and quality control is paramount.......

MayB4ck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithross39 View Post
It's not just the misleading mAh, it's also the lack of quality control where these batteries are made......
They quite often use sub standard parts, which will lead to a shorter user life, and in some cases prove dangerous......
The battery/charger I linked to is built in Germany where standards are infinitely higher and quality control is paramount.......

Ended up buying a original samsung battery from my local tmobile store, they offered me a good price of 10 euros
Long live W xD
DEVICES