T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Ghost Donwloaded Files (Android 4.3)

OP aldana

3rd June 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

57 posts
LS,

Last week I had a Samsung Expert @ Best Buy to upgrade my I-747 to Android 4.3. The phone is working perfect since then, even the battery drain is NOT an issue, in fact I noticed that battery last longer now. Even the good performance so far, I have 2 issues:
  • Each time my S3 connects to wifi, I get a notification of 2 particular files DOWNLOAD COMPLETE however these PDF files were donwloaded months ago. I clear the notification area, but when I switch from 4G to wifi or visa versa, I get the notifications back.
  • I'm unable to activate hotspot

Any ideas how to solve this...?
5th June 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #2  
Flag stilwell, OK
Thanks Meter: 216

1,110 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try clearing the cache of download manager.....that usually fixes those problems.....as for the WiFi thing you may need to be rooted and use a third party hotspot app

Sent from my ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII using TapaTalk
The Following User Says Thank You to crazymonkey05 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

57 posts
Exclamation
@CrazyMonkey: Clearing the Download Manager helped solve the issue; I didn't think about that

As for the hotspot, the stock "Tethering and portable hotspot" never worked, so I downloaded a widget from Sharp Communications (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...te.wifihotspot) and hotspot worked with no problem.

Since the upgrade to 4.3, when I turn on the widget, I get the same error as the stock is giving me "Mobile data is not available or invalid SIM".

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymonkey05

Try clearing the cache of download manager.....that usually fixes those problems.....as for the WiFi thing you may need to be rooted and use a third party hotspot app

5th June 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #4  
Flag stilwell, OK

1,110 posts
Donate to Me
More
Are you rooted?

5th June 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

57 posts
I dont know

It's an AT&T (I-747) unlocked device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymonkey05

Are you rooted?

6th June 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #6  
Flag stilwell, OK

1,110 posts
Donate to Me
More
Then you probably ain't rooted......here is a good guide to start you out http://www.talkandroid.com/guides/be...de-to-rooting/

7th June 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 54

341 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldana

@CrazyMonkey: Clearing the Download Manager helped solve the issue; I didn't think about that

As for the hotspot, the stock "Tethering and portable hotspot" never worked, so I downloaded a widget from Sharp Communications (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...te.wifihotspot) and hotspot worked with no problem.

Since the upgrade to 4.3, when I turn on the widget, I get the same error as the stock is giving me "Mobile data is not available or invalid SIM".

Try using Bluetooth tethering. Mine wouldn't connect at all until I switched to Bluetooth tethering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th June 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #8  
Flag stilwell, OK

1,110 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well carriers try to get every penny they can from you....I don't know about the s3 as mine is not in active service....but on most phones tethering needs to be bought from a carrier unless you root the device

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread