Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,431 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC Desire 601 will not boot past fast boot, Need fix if possible.

Tip us?
 
FoxJester
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default [Q] HTC Desire 601 will not boot past fast boot, Need fix if possible.

As it stands i'm fairly new to this. and I'm sure that i missed a step or did something incorrectly. My phone is now not booting up at all (attempted rooting). it just freezes at HTC and the only way I can shut it off is by going into fastboot.

***Tampered***
***Relocked***
Zara_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.22.0000
Radio-1.26.40e.00.14
OpenDSP-v18.2.0268.0925
OS-2.14.666.3
eMMC-boot 1024mb

I have CMW Recovery on the phone, sometimes it goes into it, and sometimes it just chops out and returns me to my fastboot menu.

Is there anything i can do to remedy this? I've been searching for approximately 7 hours now and nothing has helped at all. A rapid response would be appreciated
 
FoxJester
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jun 2014
I managed to get TWRP v2.7.1.0 installed. Alas, No OS detected. greeaaat. So how do I go about installing a new Operating system? I seem to have botched this really efficiently.

My fiance has the same phone however, is there any way to copy any files off of that and install them?
 
lilsafbig
Old
#3  
lilsafbig's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 455
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: bradford
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxJester View Post
I managed to get TWRP v2.7.1.0 installed. Alas, No OS detected. greeaaat. So how do I go about installing a new Operating system? I seem to have botched this really efficiently.

My fiance has the same phone however, is there any way to copy any files off of that and install them?
No because you have to be s off to install a custom rom which is an operating system so pls try posting in the desire 601 forum.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Free mobile app
 
lilsafbig
Old
#4  
lilsafbig's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 455
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: bradford
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsafbig View Post
No because you have to be s off to install a custom rom which is an operating system so pls try posting in the desire 601 forum.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Free mobile app
Check in this rom.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47576052

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Free mobile app
 
jmcclue
Old
#5  
jmcclue's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1306
Posts: 3,385
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsafbig View Post
No because you have to be s off to install a custom rom which is an operating system so pls try posting in the desire 601 forum.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Free mobile app
U dont need to be s-off to flash a rom, Unlocked bootloader is all u need but s-off has few more advantages depending on what phone u have.
 
lilsafbig
Old
#6  
lilsafbig's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 455
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: bradford
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcclue View Post
U dont need to be s-off to flash a rom, Unlocked bootloader is all u need but s-off has few more advantages depending on what phone u have.
Yh I know but in that rom it says something about s off and using revolutionary which unlocks the bootloader aswell I'm sure?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Free mobile app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Blast Those Flags with Knock the Flags

Lately, we have seen a rather drastic shift in the world of mobile device gaming. The infamous Angry … more

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more