Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,152 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC Desire 601 will not boot past fast boot, Need fix if possible.

Tip us?

FoxJester
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC Desire 601 will not boot past fast boot, Need fix if possible.

As it stands i'm fairly new to this. and I'm sure that i missed a step or did something incorrectly. My phone is now not booting up at all (attempted rooting). it just freezes at HTC and the only way I can shut it off is by going into fastboot.

***Tampered***
***Relocked***
Zara_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.22.0000
Radio-1.26.40e.00.14
OpenDSP-v18.2.0268.0925
OS-2.14.666.3
eMMC-boot 1024mb

I have CMW Recovery on the phone, sometimes it goes into it, and sometimes it just chops out and returns me to my fastboot menu.

Is there anything i can do to remedy this? I've been searching for approximately 7 hours now and nothing has helped at all. A rapid response would be appreciated

FoxJester
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I managed to get TWRP v2.7.1.0 installed. Alas, No OS detected. greeaaat. So how do I go about installing a new Operating system? I seem to have botched this really efficiently.

My fiance has the same phone however, is there any way to copy any files off of that and install them?

lilsafbig
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxJester View Post
I managed to get TWRP v2.7.1.0 installed. Alas, No OS detected. greeaaat. So how do I go about installing a new Operating system? I seem to have botched this really efficiently.

My fiance has the same phone however, is there any way to copy any files off of that and install them?
No because you have to be s off to install a custom rom which is an operating system so pls try posting in the desire 601 forum.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Free mobile app

lilsafbig
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsafbig View Post
No because you have to be s off to install a custom rom which is an operating system so pls try posting in the desire 601 forum.

Check in this rom.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47576052

jmcclue
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsafbig View Post

U dont need to be s-off to flash a rom, Unlocked bootloader is all u need but s-off has few more advantages depending on what phone u have.

lilsafbig
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcclue View Post
U dont need to be s-off to flash a rom, Unlocked bootloader is all u need but s-off has few more advantages depending on what phone u have.
Yh I know but in that rom it says something about s off and using revolutionary which unlocks the bootloader aswell I'm sure?