Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,322 Members 50,385 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't flash roms into M8!!!

Tip us?

ricm68
Old
(Last edited by ricm68; 7th June 2014 at 02:08 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet Can't flash roms into M8!!!

Hi all, while trying to update my att htc one m8 to 4.4.3 I messed it up and now it won't take any roms!!! I did a RUU and changed the cid to supercid. The only rom I was able to flash after trying all night w cyanogenmod 11. I'm glad I was able to do this but I need to install gpe or sense6 roms. I don't know what else to do! I would really appreciate someone helping me resolve this. I wanted to convert it to a developer edition by changing the cid and mid but everything failed. I'm doing the rooting on Mac OS X.
Please Help. How do I get it back to normal?

TIA
RicM68.

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2882
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricm68 View Post
Hi all, while trying to update my att htc one m8 to 4.4.3 I messed it up and now it won't take any roms!!! I did a RUU and changed the cid to supercid. The only rom I was able to flash after trying all night w cyanogenmod 11. I'm glad I was able to do this but I need to install gpe or sense6 roms. I don't know what else to do! I would really appreciate somehone helping me resolve this. I wanted to convert it to a developer edition by changing the cid and mid but everything failed. I'm doing the rooting on Mac OS X.
Please Help. How do I get it back to normal?

TIA
RicM68.
Follow the guide in the GPe RUU thread to go back to a Sense ROM (it's in post #2)
HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Grey) 16GB
ROM: 1.54.401.10 (KOT49H) | HBOOT: 3.16.0.0000 S-OFF | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: 1.16.2133156.UA15G_20.18m.4096.07L | Kernel: Stock | CID: HTC__001

OnePlus One (Sandstone Black) 64GB *** PENDING ***

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required)

ricm68
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
Follow the guide in the GPe RUU thread to go back to a Sense ROM (it's in post #2)
But my phone originally a sense version not a gpe, I think I messed it up even further because now I can only stay in fastboot mode, it kicks me out of recovery!!!
Tags
brick, flash, htcm8, roms