Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,778 Members 38,384 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

One vs. M8 battery life

Tip us?

NoFanboy
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Sold my original m7 because of battery life. This battery is twice as good. Better than g2

geoff5093
Old
(Last edited by geoff5093; 7th June 2014 at 07:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 200
I was in the same boat, I went from a Verizon G2 to the One M8 when the new red version came out. I do love the looks of the M8, the speakers are awesome, display is better IMO, however the rear camera is a lot worse (front facing camera is fantastic though). As far as battery goes, on the G2 when you unplug it you can keep it at 100% for a few hours before it starts going down, the battery on that just lasts forever. I noticed the battery on the M8 is significantly worse, I was using it this morning after fully charging it and using it for about 20-30 minutes it dropped from 100% to 90%. I did the same thing on the G2 and that thing stayed at 100% the whole time.

I'm returning my M8 and going back to the G2. The M8 is also about 1cm taller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFanboy View Post
Sold my original m7 because of battery life. This battery is twice as good. Better than g2
I don't know how you came to that conclusion, the battery can't be "twice as good" as the M7. Better, yes, but not twice as good. It's only a few hundred mAh larger, and it's 400mAh smaller than the G2.