OP shaf46

7th June 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #291  
Flag Coimbatore-TN
Thanks Meter: 127

750 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [kEkA]

I've already posted here about vibration "problem" which turned out not to be a problem
my batch is 17, no gaps, maybe 1 in on top left corner on front but I'm not sure if its a gap at all, it has to be the smallest one if it is
I've been using my device for 2 weeks already, and I cannot say if I was ever happier with my purchase and choice as now.
Until today, I had no problems only 2 "scratches" on back and I'm not sure if they are scratches at all and they appeared after 3 days of buying the phone. But ok, they were hardly visible at all so no problem with then.
Today at the strong sunlight, I took the phone out of my pocket to change the FM Station and to see why was it so warm, on my surprise I found something that on first glance looked like a big scratch on front screen/glass. I didn't worry much, as I thought that it was just dirty, so I arrived at home, cleaned with special fiber towel and some screen spray and on my surprise found that whole front screen is in some tiny little "scratches" which appear on direct sunlight and look more like cracks, which they are.
Notes:
-I've been extra careful with the phone, no drops, no pressures, no playing games making it warm, no dipping in water, no leaving phone on the edges or in pockets for long time, no sitting nor running while phone in pocket, it's in pocket only when I walk and I do not wear any skinny jeans or have small pockets or with any other objects with it and i take caution even when walking with phone in my pocket about it.
-As I said the batch is 17, in camera mode it gets fairly warm, had only once overheat message and that was when I played game and then tried to make 4k video and after few days I tried only once more 4k for about 4-5 mins, no message, never after that and I'm taking photos on daily basis. I think it's safe to say that i have overheat problem in general, since it gets sometimes even hot just when using radio or browser, I won't even talk about games, had only 1 and it was damn too hot after just few mins playing it.
-My battery lasts one whole day, with some % left after that, average screen time is between 4.5h and 6h, and i noticed that between 70% and 100% it discharges really fast. Only browsing takes my % too. I use it for viber, calls and messages mostly, and i said i take few pictures, maybe 4-5 max per day.
I bought it in Telenor, I brought it there and they told me that it's clear to them that it wasn't dropped or put pressure on it as the cracks are 'random', some of them quite long, and no impact spot and I repeat, they seem to be in early phase of evolving as they are thin and not that wide and not visible if not under strong sunlight,
but they all appeared in same time I think. One is even visible even when not on direct sun light as of today.
They said they will take it on Monday and give me a call within, usually, 10 working days with solution,
any opinions?

i think u misunderstood it might be the digitizer(its visible in sun/close inspection of the screen at diff angles)
7th June 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #292  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 52

270 posts
More
Quote:

I've already posted here about vibration "problem" which turned out not to be a problem
my batch is 17, no gaps, maybe 1 in on top left corner on front but I'm not sure if its a gap at all, it has to be the smallest one if it is
I've been using my device for 2 weeks already, and I cannot say if I was ever happier with my purchase and choice as now.
Until today, I had no problems only 2 "scratches" on back and I'm not sure if they are scratches at all and they appeared after 3 days of buying the phone. But ok, they were hardly visible at all so no problem with then.
Today at the strong sunlight, I took the phone out of my pocket to change the FM Station and to see why was it so warm, on my surprise I found something that on first glance looked like a big scratch on front screen/glass. I didn't worry much, as I thought that it was just dirty, so I arrived at home, cleaned with special fiber towel and some screen spray and on my surprise found that whole front screen is in some tiny little "scratches" which appear on direct sunlight and look more like cracks, which they are.
Notes:
-I've been extra careful with the phone, no drops, no pressures, no playing games making it warm, no dipping in water, no leaving phone on the edges or in pockets for long time, no sitting nor running while phone in pocket, it's in pocket only when I walk and I do not wear any skinny jeans or have small pockets or with any other objects with it and i take caution even when walking with phone in my pocket about it.
-As I said the batch is 17, in camera mode it gets fairly warm, had only once overheat message and that was when I played game and then tried to make 4k video and after few days I tried only once more 4k for about 4-5 mins, no message, never after that and I'm taking photos on daily basis. I think it's safe to say that i have overheat problem in general, since it gets sometimes even hot just when using radio or browser, I won't even talk about games, had only 1 and it was damn too hot after just few mins playing it.
-My battery lasts one whole day, with some % left after that, average screen time is between 4.5h and 6h, and i noticed that between 70% and 100% it discharges really fast. Only browsing takes my % too. I use it for viber, calls and messages mostly, and i said i take few pictures, maybe 4-5 max per day.
I bought it in Telenor, I brought it there and they told me that it's clear to them that it wasn't dropped or put pressure on it as the cracks are 'random', some of them quite long, and no impact spot and I repeat, they seem to be in early phase of evolving as they are thin and not that wide and not visible if not under strong sunlight,
but they all appeared in same time I think. One is even visible even when not on direct sun light as of today.
They said they will take it on Monday and give me a call within, usually, 10 working days with solution,
any opinions?

my old z2 has that problem too, i gave it for the staff at store, they tried to clean, but not successful. after 4 days, they called me to come for repleace another one. i come to get new one.
7th June 2014, 01:54 PM   |  #293  
Flag Belgrade, Serbia
Thanks Meter: 12

88 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kannanX10

i think u misunderstood it might be the digitizer(its visible in sun/close inspection of the screen at diff angles)

I'll try to take some pictures of it now
EDIT] I know whats digitizer and its grid, its not like that, I cannot take picture from this angle, its too reflective but it can be seen when held in hand.
They look like first 4 pictures
I know its sony xperia z but mine looks like that just little less visible, as they didnt evolve yet
cannot put pictures, no 10 posts yet :\
xperiablog
/2013/11/08/sony-will-repair-certain-cracked-displays-for-xperia-z-series-suggests-leaked-info/
put .net where needed
Last edited by [kEkA]; 7th June 2014 at 02:30 PM.
7th June 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #294  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blab86

Mine is a 14w15, slight gap top right, bigger gap bottom left, camera of center, 4k video playback lags sound, also a crack appeared on back, 100% I haven't dropped it or damaged it. I noticed it as soon as did a video, not 4k I turned it over and there is a single crack from top to bottom, I will post images as soon as I can. Apart from the slight defects, I truly love this phone it's amazing.

Also forgot to mention, my sim card cover keeps coming lose as well, and it does get really hot when shooting video,

here are some pictures i took of my defects. sorry about the quality, but you can just make them out.

Would the crack be covered under warranty?, as like i said i never dropped it or damaged it in anyway, i take really good care of my phones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140607_140946.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	2785487   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140607_141051.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	2785488   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140607_141210.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	2785489   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140607_141324.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	242.1 KB
ID:	2785490  
7th June 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #295  
Flag Belgrade, Serbia
Thanks Meter: 12

88 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blab86

Also forgot to mention, my sim card cover keeps coming lose as well, and it does get really hot when shooting video,

here are some pictures i took of my defects. sorry about the quality, but you can just make them out.

Would the crack be covered under warranty?, as like i said i never dropped it or damaged it in anyway, i take really good care of my phones.

Yes apart this, its a perfect device..

edit] and btw my digitezer grid is visible always on direct sunlight
Last edited by [kEkA]; 7th June 2014 at 02:35 PM.
7th June 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #296  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:

Yes apart this, its a perfect device..

edit] and btw my digitezer grid is visible always on direct sunlight

you have just reminded me, mine is visible as well in direct sunlight
7th June 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #297  
Thanks Meter: 182

394 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feis

I have gapps(if u can call that a gap) top right, bottom left, 14w16, and no, im not gonna go and exchange, phone is working perfectly, why would i??

Exactly. This Gap conspiracy is getting blown way out of logical proportion. This sort of forum is great if one can navigate the useful information from the...not so helpful (nonsense).

The OP has managed to cause a real storm in a tea cup with nothing more than a sincere but totally useless and unhelpful aim at some market research that is of zero value.
There are numerous research problems with the OP's poll. One would firstly need to market research this forum and all forums where we have posted any comments regarding this phone and ask some very basic questions like why did you join a forum, was it to mix with fellow SXZ2 owners, read about the phone from owners or because you have a problem and desire to find an answer?
From what I can understand of forums it is the latter that most members join. To this end any opinions made here will be biased toward those who have a problem. Now what % of the ownership is that? Unless we know the monthly production run figures ANY sort of accurate data will prove absolutely useless as we cannot correlate returns against satisfied sales?
Lastly there is no option in the poll to write one has any production run phone WITHOUT A PROBLEM?

What grieves me is some owners will now read this thread and identify what has been described as a gap and rush to replace the mobile? This would be absurd. There has to be spaces between component parts to allow for different materials to expand and contract with temperature. IF the mobile was manufactured as tight as a drum it would buckle and break. Think of any other construction made with glass and alloys or metals like a building or bridge! If that bridge we cross every day DIDNT have expansion joints (gaps).............

Out mobiles are modern marvels of design. The Sony is water resistant and water will not enter any normal space between the materials. The phones are pressured tested by QC inspectors at every stage of construction and every working day.

There will be lemons but this is normal and acceptable, even though annoying, in every device we ever purchase.

lastly, heat. There is a vast difference in heating and over heating. Yes my Z2 does get warm, possibly warmer than most other mobiles I have owned however take a look at the design and materials, the thickness of the phone and what can we expect on times but some heat? Again this is something that is being made a negative when every flagship phone I have ever owned has got warm? Really guys what can we expect? Look at the specification packed into a device that size made from glass and alloy

To those new to this sort of forum, take caution. Don't return a perfectly decent working mobile because this thread suggests there are production run problems. Read the facts and not opinions, don't take what I say as fact either do your own research into light and micro engineering and not to mention how one makes real valued market research and you will see this thread is rather full of misunderstandings of the basics in terms of QC and research strategies.

To the OP. I don't think you deliberately tried to trash the mobile. I find your methods of deduction are based on zero understanding of engineering, quality control and market research. Learn from it though .

Ryland
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryland Johnson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #298  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Port louis
Thanks Meter: 50

143 posts
More
I can smell jealousy here, just do your own thread and don't waste your time on mine because i don't have time for you
note : This is a basic thread and data has been gathered from people like us !
7th June 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #299  
Thanks Meter: 133

494 posts
More
I agree with a few posts above. This defects / gap issue has been way too overblown! I mean, this thread would have all of the readers believe that even the slightest gap in the chassis is a defect which would compromise the water resistance of the phone, whereas in fact it is / does not. There might actually be a few initial batches with real defects / issues but that couldn't be true for majority of retail units. I had no gaps on my Z2 (14W18) which I had replaced for touchscreen issues, but have a slight gap (not noticeable on normal use) on my new Z2 (14W20). Neither of the phones had issues regarding water resistance.

There are / might be other more important issues to check on the new Z2 than the so called gap / off centre camera issue, such as any abnormal tint / stuck dead pixels on screen, abnormal touch sensitivity, call quality etc. I have none on my new Z2 BTW.

Anyway, I do not intend to defend sony for any defects or manufacturing issues which maybe genuinely present on a few units / batches. I would rather want sony to vastly improve it's quality control. All I'm saying is that people should be careful and aware so as to make out the real issues / defects from so called gap / off centre camera issues (which I'd label as cosmetic issues at best), as having replaced your Z2 for the latter might leave you with unit(s) having worse issues.
Last edited by Dpk1; 7th June 2014 at 06:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dpk1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #300  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag Virginia, USA
Thanks Meter: 7,754

2,895 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thread closed, this thread will eventually get more derailed with time as you guys have already noticed. And there is no point of discussing defects that a phone may have because this cannot be fixed here, If anyone feels they are unsatisfied with their device or any problem related to hardware they can take it to the Sony Care. So I don't see any purpose of this thread now, I hope you all understand. Thanks

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Saqib Nazm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread