Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] VRUCNC1 Help?

OP Trevon75

4th June 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I have read through multiple posts but I am still slightly confused. So I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 running VRUCNC1. I have read that it is unrootable and that using ODIN to downgrade is the only option, but I have also read that downgrading will brick your phone. Could someone assist me with this?
4th June 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2,036

5,593 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevon75

I have read through multiple posts but I am still slightly confused. So I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 running VRUCNC1. I have read that it is unrootable and that using ODIN to downgrade is the only option, but I have also read that downgrading will brick your phone. Could someone assist me with this?

Once your phone has taken either 4.3 OTA (VRUCML1 or VRUCNC1), downgrading to 4.1.2 will result in a hard brick. You can only switch between VRUMCL1 and VRUCNC1, the phone will essentially not boot on any other firmware. Downgrade to VRUCML1 then root via Saferoot. It is safe to do this.

Users with unlocked bootloaders (aka people who did not take either 4.3 OTA) can switch to ICS or JB 4.1.2 via Odin without fail or issue. We can do so, unless somehow we end up taking either 4.3 ota.
The Following User Says Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2014, 02:37 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS

Once your phone has taken either 4.3 OTA (VRUCML1 or VRUCNC1), downgrading to 4.1.2 will result in a hard brick. You can only switch between VRUMCL1 and VRUCNC1, the phone will essentially not boot on any other firmware. Downgrade to VRUCML1 then root via Saferoot. It is safe to do this.

Users with unlocked bootloaders (aka people who did not take either 4.3 OTA) can switch to ICS or JB 4.1.2 via Odin without fail or issue. We can do so, unless somehow we end up taking either 4.3 ota.

Thank you! I apologize for the late response, but you explained this perfectly for me. I was able to downgrade and root, install safestrap, and even flash a ROM. However, I have only gotten one ROM to flash correctly. Is there another step I have missed? I have only gotten CleanROM 8.1 to flash correctly while everything else flashes but does not boot. I really appreciate the help!
7th June 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 840

4,485 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevon75

Thank you! I apologize for the late response, but you explained this perfectly for me. I was able to downgrade and root, install safestrap, and even flash a ROM. However, I have only gotten one ROM to flash correctly. Is there another step I have missed? I have only gotten CleanROM 8.1 to flash correctly while everything else flashes but does not boot. I really appreciate the help!

Unsure why it won't flash any other roms try this thread it's a good starting point

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=2639337<br />

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread