Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] What happened with the G2Xposed mod?

7th June 2014, 04:32 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
79 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
The thread is closed and the dev dont show life signals here :/
 
 
7th June 2014, 05:32 PM |#2  
JRJ442's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salisbury, Md
Thanks Meter: 1,484
 
2,399 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Says why on the last post. XDA usually only allows paid apps if there's a free alternative or a demo app or something. That's the same reason the Unicon thread was closed so long ago. As for the dev himself, maybe life has him busy or he doesn't like social media type stuff. I know a few devs like that
7th June 2014, 06:00 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
79 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRJ442

Says why on the last post. XDA usually only allows paid apps if there's a free alternative or a demo app or something. That's the same reason the Unicon thread was closed so long ago. As for the dev himself, maybe life has him busy or he doesn't like social media type stuff. I know a few devs like that

So, i wasted my money for a dead app? :/
7th June 2014, 06:10 PM |#4  
robogo1982's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 557
 
1,561 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
You and me too. I sent an email to the dev requesting a refund because the app's mods caused reboots on my phone. Still no response.

Bought G2 Tweaksbox to replace it, so far it works and looks fantastic.
7th June 2014, 06:44 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
79 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by robogo1982

You and me too. I sent an email to the dev requesting a refund because the app's mods caused reboots on my phone. Still no response.

Bought G2 Tweaksbox to replace it, so far it works and looks fantastic.

i also bought it... Is a shame the dev simply let the app die while he is still gaining money.
7th June 2014, 09:15 PM |#6  
JRJ442's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salisbury, Md
Thanks Meter: 1,484
 
2,399 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox_Soul

i also bought it... Is a shame the dev simply let the app die while he is still gaining money.

He didn't necessarily let it die. He could just be too busy. Some devs go to college full time and do this in their spare time. So don't give up just yet. Look at Nova Launcher. It hadn't received an update since December. Everyone was saying its dead. Now its had 10 updates in the last 2 weeks with fixes and new features. I wouldn't really tie the the thread getting locked to him letting the app die. Even if the app never received another update it still works well doesn't it? I don't stay on stock based ROMs long, but the times I've used it its worked pretty good.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes