Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more
Post Reply

M8+Nova Launcher+OK Google= Complete happiness.

7th June 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #1  
sebastianraven's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Laguna Beach
Thanks Meter: 71
 
341 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Donate to Me
More
So Nova just got an update that supports OK Google and it works flawlessly. It was the one item I was jealous of from the Moto phones.


Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
7th June 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianraven

So Nova just got an update that supports OK Google and it works flawlessly. It was the one item I was jealous of from the Moto phones.


Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Yes, it's pretty frickin' awesome, if you ask me
9th June 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #3  
PsiPhiDan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plainfield
Thanks Meter: 628
 
2,041 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Yeah, M8 + GPE + NOVA = PERFECT!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th June 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #4  
hgoldner's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southeastern Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 544
 
2,089 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiPhiDan

Yeah, M8 + GPE + NOVA = PERFECT!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Just curious, does "OK Google" wake Nova Launcher even screen off?
9th June 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #5  
PsiPhiDan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plainfield
Thanks Meter: 628
 
2,041 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoldner

Just curious, does "OK Google" wake Nova Launcher even screen off?

No - that's a hardware issue though. There's another thread complaining about how our phone doesn't have that capability while the OnePlus One does.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to PsiPhiDan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #6  
sebastianraven's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Laguna Beach
Thanks Meter: 71
 
341 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiPhiDan

No - that's a hardware issue though. There's another thread complaining about how our phone doesn't have that capability while the OnePlus One does.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I wonder if that can be solved with a "Mic always on" type script.
13th June 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #7  
85gallon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag BFE
Thanks Meter: 678
 
2,273 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
When it first came out, I thought the MOTO X was the only one that could do it.

But my old RAZR MAXX (Not HD) would do the OK Google thing when I loaded CM11 on it. Shocked the hell out of me.
13th June 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #8  
PsiPhiDan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plainfield
Thanks Meter: 628
 
2,041 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85gallon

When it first came out, I thought the MOTO X was the only one that could do it.

But my old RAZR MAXX (Not HD) would do the OK Google thing when I loaded CM11 on it. Shocked the hell out of me.

When the screen was off??

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th June 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #9  
nicholi2789's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Newport
Thanks Meter: 175
 
647 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Donate to Me
More
There is an Xposed Module that enables the OK google command for just about any third party launcher. Sense launcher, Apex, Nova, and just about every other launcher you can think of. Simple, install Xposed framework, enable, reboot. Install Ok google module, enable, reboot, done. It's cool that Nova natively supports it now though. I'm sure Apex will follow suit. That was the only feature that had me using the otherwise crappy GEL launcher.
13th June 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
329 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
does this work with screen on but locked?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon One (M8) General by ThreadRank