Ask a question

No registration required

Bricked GN2

OP dhdenney

6th June 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
So after a year on iOS, I am attempting to fix SMS on my mom's GN2 and I've bricked it because 4.3 isn't modifiable. I made mistakes I didn't research. I have no recovery, KIES can't connect, Odin will not flash VRUEMJ9 4.3. Now what?? The only function I can access is download mode, that's it. I can successfully flash VRAMC3 4.1.2 with Odin however it's ultimately rejected due to having been on 4.3. Complete loss.
6th June 2014, 02:45 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 165

554 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdenney

So after a year on iOS, I am attempting to fix SMS on my mom's GN2 and I've bricked it because 4.3 isn't modifiable. I made mistakes I didn't research. I have no recovery, KIES can't connect, Odin will not flash VRUEMJ9 4.3. Now what?? The only function I can access is download mode, that's it. I can successfully flash VRAMC3 4.1.2 with Odin however it's ultimately rejected due to having been on 4.3. Complete loss.

Penance. Kidding, yeah if you can't get odin to revert to stock you're kind of screwed unfortunately.
6th June 2014, 11:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
After a no give up attitude I managed to flash PIT only, which created a bootloop but I was able to get into recovery and do a factory reset. Strange thing is that the 4.1.2 I supposedly couldn't use after 4.3 stuck and so that's what it's running! As far as my original issue of sending SMS, it's still not solved.
7th June 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #4  

6 posts
Square one
So you are back to square one, but got it out of the brick, but you have 4.1 on it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread