Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,758 Members 37,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked GN2

Tip us?

dhdenney
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bricked GN2

So after a year on iOS, I am attempting to fix SMS on my mom's GN2 and I've bricked it because 4.3 isn't modifiable. I made mistakes I didn't research. I have no recovery, KIES can't connect, Odin will not flash VRUEMJ9 4.3. Now what?? The only function I can access is download mode, that's it. I can successfully flash VRAMC3 4.1.2 with Odin however it's ultimately rejected due to having been on 4.3. Complete loss.

*Madmoose*
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdenney View Post
So after a year on iOS, I am attempting to fix SMS on my mom's GN2 and I've bricked it because 4.3 isn't modifiable. I made mistakes I didn't research. I have no recovery, KIES can't connect, Odin will not flash VRUEMJ9 4.3. Now what?? The only function I can access is download mode, that's it. I can successfully flash VRAMC3 4.1.2 with Odin however it's ultimately rejected due to having been on 4.3. Complete loss.
Penance. Kidding, yeah if you can't get odin to revert to stock you're kind of screwed unfortunately.

dhdenney
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
After a no give up attitude I managed to flash PIT only, which created a bootloop but I was able to get into recovery and do a factory reset. Strange thing is that the 4.1.2 I supposedly couldn't use after 4.3 stuck and so that's what it's running! As far as my original issue of sending SMS, it's still not solved.

syounit
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Square one

So you are back to square one, but got it out of the brick, but you have 4.1 on it?