Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,530 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen goes berserk underwater

Tip us?

sushi143
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Screen goes berserk underwater

So I recently got to try to take pictures with my phone underwater.... But one problem I came upon is that once my screen touches the water, it goes berserk and basically exits the camera app. I know I'm suppose to use the physical camera button but I can't even do that if the phone exits the camera app. How are people able to take videos and pictures under water???

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

halleyrokz
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Question Mine Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi143 View Post
So I recently got to try to take pictures with my phone underwater.... But one problem I came upon is that once my screen touches the water, it goes berserk and basically exits the camera app. I know I'm suppose to use the physical camera button but I can't even do that if the phone exits the camera app. How are people able to take videos and pictures under water???

Oh I thought it was just my phone. Mine too goes crazy when used in shower or underwater, the screen starts to have a mind of it's own.

ravi_buz
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by halleyrokz View Post
Oh I thought it was just my phone. Mine too goes crazy when used in shower or underwater, the screen starts to have a mind of it's own.
Yes. this is stupud. They make a water proof phone but you cannot use the phone when its wet. Thats why the new mini-app has been released.its called touch block.
Always help, Always thank.

Xperia Z1 (C6902)
LG G Pad (V500)
Gionee Pioneer P2
N7000 (Sold)
Karbon ST8 Tab
E10i.

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4954

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Try with this...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2376305

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

SafiXS
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Try to restart the camera with physical camera button when it exit

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk
Xperia Z1 fired on with Multiboot
Primary: Stock with Doomkernel
Secondary: FXP CM11 with Pimped Kernel

301stSpartan
Old
Thanks Meter 514
Quote:

I'm not sure what else you may be expecting. The phone can't tell the difference between your finger and water. That's why there's a hardware camera button....

Also, you'll notice that if there is water on the screen and you turn the screen off then back on, it learns to ignore that water and the touch works well. Obviously this doesn't work underwater or with water constantly falling on the phone.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
Sony Xperia Z1 C6902
Samsung Galaxy S II i9100G
Motorola Atrix 4G MB860 - RIP (bricked)
Motorola Droid A855 - RIP (drunkenly dropped in puddle)

sushi143
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I'm not expecting it to work well under water or anything more. You've totally missed my question, I just want to know how people are able to do this

http://youtu.be/O3k3szQDmHM

Obviously their screen is not going crazy I assume and stays within the camera app to be able to record/ take pictures

Gemc666
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
I'm not expecting it to work well under water or anything more. You've totally missed my question, I just want to know how people are able to do this

http://youtu.be/O3k3szQDmHM

Obviously their screen is not going crazy I assume and stays within the camera app to be able to record/ take pictures

use touch block on the mini apps after you open the camera
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemc666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sushi143
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Omg thank you so much I knew I was missing something!!