Best Alarm App for Android?

There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock … more

Unofficial CM12.1 Available for Moto E 2014

While Motorola is yet to release a final 5.0.2 build for the Moto E 2014, XDA Senior … more

Pinsy Brings Social Sketching To Your Watch & Phone

Did you watch Apple’s VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5

Android 5.1 is slowly putting its mark in the custom ROM world. CyanogenMod 12.1 is available to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Screen goes berserk underwater

6th June 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Michigan
Thanks Meter: 10
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
So I recently got to try to take pictures with my phone underwater.... But one problem I came upon is that once my screen touches the water, it goes berserk and basically exits the camera app. I know I'm suppose to use the physical camera button but I can't even do that if the phone exits the camera app. How are people able to take videos and pictures under water???

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th June 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Trivandrum
Thanks Meter: 25
 
169 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Question Mine Too
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi143

So I recently got to try to take pictures with my phone underwater.... But one problem I came upon is that once my screen touches the water, it goes berserk and basically exits the camera app. I know I'm suppose to use the physical camera button but I can't even do that if the phone exits the camera app. How are people able to take videos and pictures under water???

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Oh I thought it was just my phone. Mine too goes crazy when used in shower or underwater, the screen starts to have a mind of it's own.
6th June 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #3  
ravi_buz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 63
 
519 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by halleyrokz

Oh I thought it was just my phone. Mine too goes crazy when used in shower or underwater, the screen starts to have a mind of it's own.

Yes. this is stupud. They make a water proof phone but you cannot use the phone when its wet. Thats why the new mini-app has been released.its called touch block.
6th June 2014, 08:19 AM   |  #4  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,637
 
6,879 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi143

So I recently got to try to take pictures with my phone underwater.... But one problem I came upon is that once my screen touches the water, it goes berserk and basically exits the camera app. I know I'm suppose to use the physical camera button but I can't even do that if the phone exits the camera app. How are people able to take videos and pictures under water???

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Try with this...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2376305

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
6th June 2014, 09:20 AM   |  #5  
SafiXS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 240
 
504 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Try to restart the camera with physical camera button when it exit

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk
6th June 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #6  
301stSpartan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore, India
Thanks Meter: 521
 
1,136 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi143

So I recently got to try to take pictures with my phone underwater.... But one problem I came upon is that once my screen touches the water, it goes berserk and basically exits the camera app. I know I'm suppose to use the physical camera button but I can't even do that if the phone exits the camera app. How are people able to take videos and pictures under water???

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm not sure what else you may be expecting. The phone can't tell the difference between your finger and water. That's why there's a hardware camera button....

Also, you'll notice that if there is water on the screen and you turn the screen off then back on, it learns to ignore that water and the touch works well. Obviously this doesn't work underwater or with water constantly falling on the phone.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
6th June 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Michigan
Thanks Meter: 10
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
I'm not expecting it to work well under water or anything more. You've totally missed my question, I just want to know how people are able to do this

http://youtu.be/O3k3szQDmHM

Obviously their screen is not going crazy I assume and stays within the camera app to be able to record/ take pictures

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th June 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
93 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi143

I'm not expecting it to work well under water or anything more. You've totally missed my question, I just want to know how people are able to do this

http://youtu.be/O3k3szQDmHM

Obviously their screen is not going crazy I assume and stays within the camera app to be able to record/ take pictures

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

use touch block on the mini apps after you open the camera
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemc666 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Michigan
Thanks Meter: 10
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Omg thank you so much I knew I was missing something!!

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes