Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Screen goes berserk underwater

OP sushi143

6th June 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Michigan
Thanks Meter: 10

75 posts
More
So I recently got to try to take pictures with my phone underwater.... But one problem I came upon is that once my screen touches the water, it goes berserk and basically exits the camera app. I know I'm suppose to use the physical camera button but I can't even do that if the phone exits the camera app. How are people able to take videos and pictures under water???

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th June 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #2  
Flag Trivandrum
Thanks Meter: 25

165 posts
More
Question Mine Too
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi143

So I recently got to try to take pictures with my phone underwater.... But one problem I came upon is that once my screen touches the water, it goes berserk and basically exits the camera app. I know I'm suppose to use the physical camera button but I can't even do that if the phone exits the camera app. How are people able to take videos and pictures under water???

Oh I thought it was just my phone. Mine too goes crazy when used in shower or underwater, the screen starts to have a mind of it's own.
6th June 2014, 07:42 AM   |  #3  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 63

514 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by halleyrokz

Oh I thought it was just my phone. Mine too goes crazy when used in shower or underwater, the screen starts to have a mind of it's own.

Yes. this is stupud. They make a water proof phone but you cannot use the phone when its wet. Thats why the new mini-app has been released.its called touch block.
6th June 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,537

6,782 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Try with this...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2376305

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
6th June 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 234

467 posts
More
Try to restart the camera with physical camera button when it exit

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk
6th June 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #6  
Flag Bangalore, India
Thanks Meter: 519

1,128 posts
More
Quote:

I'm not sure what else you may be expecting. The phone can't tell the difference between your finger and water. That's why there's a hardware camera button....

Also, you'll notice that if there is water on the screen and you turn the screen off then back on, it learns to ignore that water and the touch works well. Obviously this doesn't work underwater or with water constantly falling on the phone.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
6th June 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Michigan

75 posts
More
I'm not expecting it to work well under water or anything more. You've totally missed my question, I just want to know how people are able to do this

http://youtu.be/O3k3szQDmHM

Obviously their screen is not going crazy I assume and stays within the camera app to be able to record/ take pictures

7th June 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 40

87 posts
More
Quote:

I'm not expecting it to work well under water or anything more. You've totally missed my question, I just want to know how people are able to do this

http://youtu.be/O3k3szQDmHM

Obviously their screen is not going crazy I assume and stays within the camera app to be able to record/ take pictures

use touch block on the mini apps after you open the camera
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemc666 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Michigan

75 posts
More
Omg thank you so much I knew I was missing something!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread