Tizen Root Access Implications

OP tooandrew

7th June 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 21

124 posts
More
What do you think the implications of root access on tizen will be? do you think that we will see an application compatibility layer to run android apps on the tizen gg1? or a way for people to return to android? perhaps a custom recovery or whatever. those are the things im hoping to see. what are you hoping to see? and what do you expect? developer input would be great.
7th June 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 265

677 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooandrew

What do you think the implications of root access on tizen will be? do you think that we will see an application compatibility layer to run android apps on the tizen gg1? or a way for people to return to android? perhaps a custom recovery or whatever. those are the things im hoping to see. what are you hoping to see? and what do you expect? developer input would be great.

Right now the only thing I miss is the removal of the video recording limit and I know that some very talented people are already working on it.

The more I think of it, I wonder why Samsung would cripple this product so badly right out of the box? I mean, with limited storage, I understand the need for a recording limit....but 15 seconds???
7th June 2014, 01:54 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 10

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutzulee

The more I think of it, I wonder why Samsung would cripple this product so badly right out of the box? I mean, with limited storage, I understand the need for a recording limit....but 15 seconds???

When you consider the primary use case scenario it makes sense when you consider the length of time it takes to synchronise the recorded video to your mobile device. 15s is a reasonable duration of video for the amount of time it takes to upload to the phone in terms of "take video, wait for it to sync, watch video on your phone / upload to facebook etc".
The Following User Says Thank You to westwallpoma For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 21

124 posts
More
i have google now on my null gear, google translate conversation mode, all of that good ****. i like the android apps, even if i had to sideload to tizen i think the android apps are a must, so an app compatibility layer would be nice. i know it already exists.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread