Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,707 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] (Q) how to flash OTA on stock unrooted GPE

Tip us?

ryuken11221
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] (Q) how to flash OTA on stock unrooted GPE

simply as the title of the thread states need help with this if this is wrong section please feel free to let me know
My Touch 4g > Samsung Epic4g > Motorola Photon 4g > HTC Amaze 4g > Samsung Galaxy S II > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy S III

If i helped you help me buy my son a bottle of milk.....13 months and still growing

adfurgerson
Old
(Last edited by adfurgerson; 8th June 2014 at 01:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuken11221 View Post
simply as the title of the thread states need help with this if this is wrong section please feel free to let me know
You cannot install it as an ota update without flashing? More details please.
Edit... Did you receive download and are unable to install it, or are you not receiving the download?

ryuken11221
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson View Post
You cannot install it as an ota update without flashing? More details please.
Well I have a Z Ultra GPE completely all stock no mods done and the OTA has not reached me as of yet so I was curious if there was a way to push the downloaded copy I have received from here that i have downoaded onto the device its self
My Touch 4g > Samsung Epic4g > Motorola Photon 4g > HTC Amaze 4g > Samsung Galaxy S II > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy S III

If i helped you help me buy my son a bottle of milk.....13 months and still growing

adfurgerson
Old
Thanks Meter 577
Quote:
Well I have a Z Ultra GPE completely all stock no mods done and the OTA has not reached me as of yet so I was curious if there was a way to push the downloaded copy I have received from here that i have downoaded onto the device its self
Be warned it may break your camera (mine and a few other users quit working after update) but it can be done. Follow DooMLoRD's guide to return to stock but at the end choose install update from SD card rather than adb side load. You should be able to force it into stock recovery by just connecting to PC and holding volume button ( without needing adb installed) update should be on external SD first.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2761698
The Following User Says Thank You to adfurgerson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sebring5
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
I did a ADB sideload. The instructions are in the GPE development section.