Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,416 Members 39,275 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] codinMetroPCS???

Tip us?

Cdbarron727
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Unhappy [Q] codinMetroPCS???

I can't seem to find a recovery that will flash a rom for MY phone. I have the MetroPCS version/variant of the sgh-t599n and I really want to be able to flash a custom rom to my phone, but I can't seem to find anyone with (codinMetroPCS) files for it. The only reason I say that is because when I finally got CWM 6.0.3.2 downloaded and working, tried to flash beanstalk rom and it told me "THIS ROM IS FOR CODINALTE PHONES NOT CODINMETROPCS PHONES" Is there a different rom for the Metro phones? Or am I doing something wrong....Im rooted through cydiaimpactor, well, i guess technically through the pre-rooted stock rom I had to flash through Odin...BTW-Over the last two weeks I've learned that flashing a rom on a samsung (at least mine) takes a custom recovery, which needs to be flashed via Odin (something I didn't know how to do at the time)...I almost feel like Im starting to get confused with all these different programs needed to run or flash or download this or that....I'm not sure if the info is even in the correct order in my head......could someone please walk me through this? or call me! lmao...this is giving me a headache. lol....but I REALLY REALLY want to know what Im doing.....ANYONE? PLEASE??

Exothermic
Old
Thanks Meter 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdbarron727 View Post
I can't seem to find a recovery that will flash a rom for MY phone. I have the MetroPCS version/variant of the sgh-t599n and I really want to be able to flash a custom rom to my phone, but I can't seem to find anyone with (codinMetroPCS) files for it. The only reason I say that is because when I finally got CWM 6.0.3.2 downloaded and working, tried to flash beanstalk rom and it told me "THIS ROM IS FOR CODINALTE PHONES NOT CODINMETROPCS PHONES" Is there a different rom for the Metro phones? Or am I doing something wrong....Im rooted through cydiaimpactor, well, i guess technically through the pre-rooted stock rom I had to flash through Odin...BTW-Over the last two weeks I've learned that flashing a rom on a samsung (at least mine) takes a custom recovery, which needs to be flashed via Odin (something I didn't know how to do at the time)...I almost feel like Im starting to get confused with all these different programs needed to run or flash or download this or that....I'm not sure if the info is even in the correct order in my head......could someone please walk me through this? or call me! lmao...this is giving me a headache. lol....but I REALLY REALLY want to know what Im doing.....ANYONE? PLEASE??
Just flash the recovery listed in the BeanStalk thread.

There's 3 variants of the phone; T599, T599N, T599V (codinatmo, codinametropcs/codinanewcotmo, codinavid) they're pretty much the same exact phone, there's just slight differences in proprietary files - so the developers decided to unify the all of them into one (codinalte), as it's easier to build for one phone then three seperate times. The recovery's responsible for the phone; which is why the recovery plays a key-role, basically the recovery you have right now can only accept roms that are specifically 'titled' as codinametropcs, and by flashing that recovery, you'll be able to flash any of the 4.4.x roms (BeanStalk, Vanir, OmniROM, CM, AOKP, and soon pure-vanialla AOSP).

Cdbarron727
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default ok so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exothermic View Post

There's 3 variants of the phone; T599, T599N, T599V (codinatmo, codinametropcs/codinanewcotmo, codinavid) they're pretty much the same exact phone, there's just slight differences in proprietary files - so the developers decided to unify the all of them into one (codinalte), as it's easier to build for one phone then three seperate times. The recovery's responsible for the phone; which is why the recovery plays a key-role, basically the recovery you have right now can only accept roms that are specifically 'titled' as codinametropcs, and by flashing that recovery, you'll be able to flash any of the 4.4.x roms (BeanStalk, Vanir, OmniROM, CM, AOKP, and soon pure-vanialla AOSP).
?
When you say flash....you mean through Android System Recovery (stock recovery)? right? ....sry man...back when i was rooting my droid x, I never ran into any issues and it seemed a little easier to flash roms

Exothermic
Old
Thanks Meter 504
Quote:
?
When you say flash....you mean through Android System Recovery (stock recovery)? right? ....sry man...back when i was rooting my droid x, I never ran into any issues and it seemed a little easier to flash roms
flash it through odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to Exothermic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cdbarron727
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thank you....now....I think I've actually gotten this far already.....had cwm installed...then tried to flash beanstalk with cwm and I got the codin error saying "this is not for codinmetropcs" ...if I get that problem again...is there something conflicting with it in some way? Or where did I go wrong? do i have to have twrp?

Cdbarron727
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default sorry to bug bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exothermic View Post

I just flashed cwm through odin and it passed....I havn't rebooted just yet, but I know it was working before.... But just saw that the cwm I downloaded from the beanstalk thread says its for kitkat builds only. My phone is running 4.1.2..does that matter? or does that mean I just need a 4.4 rom to be flashed with it? Sorry if these are dumb questions

Exothermic
Old
Thanks Meter 504
Quote:
I just flashed cwm through odin and it passed....I havn't rebooted just yet, but I know it was working before.... But just saw that the cwm I downloaded from the beanstalk thread says its for kitkat builds only. My phone is running 4.1.2..does that matter? or does that mean I just need a 4.4 rom to be flashed with it? Sorry if these are dumb questions
It's cool; it just means you can only flash 4.4 roms, so you cannot flash cm10.1, cm10.2, and pac. It doesn't matter that your phone's running 4.1.2.