Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE] The easiest way to install CWM in ICS (no unbricking needed)

OP Swetnes

5th May 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Bricked Lg p930
Hey swetness can u plz help with this:

i bricked my LG p930 a month ago by replacing sim cards, i have looked through this forum for methods to unbrick it, followed hereric's method and got it back to stock ICS and rooted it, but the device keeps rebooting randomly every now and then. i found in a different forum that this is will be solved by flashing a new baseband firmware but i can't do it since the cwm i downloaded from play store is old. will your method work for me? if so please provide me with the details on how to proceed with it since i'm a newbie in this world. thank you!
6th May 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 40

325 posts
More
Should b able to put philztoch cwm on it n flash whatever u want. Yes baseband can help.
6th May 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #23  
Flag Zielona Góra
Thanks Meter: 1

46 posts
More
I have P936 with 2.3.6 and I can't root it by any methods... I tried everything... If I'll update it to ICS can I root mine device, install CWM and then CM 10.1 by this metod FOR SURE?? I'm confused because of posts I read in this topic.
7th May 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #24  

325 posts
More
I rooted mine on ICS so it's the only way I know how lol
7th May 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 257

985 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrozik1990

I have P936 with 2.3.6 and I can't root it by any methods... I tried everything... If I'll update it to ICS can I root mine device, install CWM and then CM 10.1 by this metod FOR SURE?? I'm confused because of posts I read in this topic.

Yes....only the original version of Gingerbread can be rooted. ICS IS the way to go.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app
7th May 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member

985 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearfighter88

Hey swetness can u plz help with this:

i bricked my LG p930 a month ago by replacing sim cards, i have looked through this forum for methods to unbrick it, followed hereric's method and got it back to stock ICS and rooted it, but the device keeps rebooting randomly every now and then. i found in a different forum that this is will be solved by flashing a new baseband firmware but i can't do it since the cwm i downloaded from play store is old. will your method work for me? if so please provide me with the details on how to proceed with it since i'm a newbie in this world. thank you!

Baseband won't do it....some Nitros just cannot handle ICS, but are stable with Gingerbread. What version of ICS, you might try 100% stock?

7th May 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swetnes

Baseband won't do it....some Nitros just cannot handle ICS, but are stable with Gingerbread. What version of ICS, you might try 100% stock?

Hey Swetnes thx for replying, well i got back to Gingerbread using hererics method but it's still rebooting, random shutting, and freezing sometimes. i think it just got bricked once for all unless you can recommend something...
9th May 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #28  
OP Senior Member

985 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearfighter88

Hey Swetnes thx for replying, well i got back to Gingerbread using hererics method but it's still rebooting, random shutting, and freezing sometimes. i think it just got bricked once for all unless you can recommend something...

This might be a long shot, but have you tried a different sd memory card or SIM card? Just to eliminate those as possibilities.

10th May 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #29  

325 posts
More
I say try baseband worked for me with similar issues.
8th June 2014, 02:06 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 1

29 posts
help
does it mean that when i use this method to install cmw i dont need to unbrick it before installing roms of my choice

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread