Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more
Thread Closed

Phone can't make or receive calls

OP DarwinW

7th June 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi, recently I've been having a problem with my phone (Newman K18), it can't make or receive calls. (When I fist got the phone and SIM they worked fine together, it worked for about a month I think.)
When I try to ring someone it will hang up straight away.
When someone calls me they will just hear a beeping sound.
Texts and mobile data still work fine.

Things I've tried:
- Restarting my phone many times
- Re-inserting the SIM
- Looking through all available settings.
- Factory resetting the phone
- Swapping from SIM slot 2 to SIM slot 1 (dual sim phone)
- Ringing customer support - I called my carrier (Three UK) and they weren't any help
- Asking in a Three store - I learned here that a different Three SIM I tried didn't work either - same problem.

In order to diagnose whether my phone was faulty or the SIM, me and my friend swapped SIM cards.
- With his SIM card in my phone everything worked fine (So my phone is not faulty)
- With my SIM in his phone everything worked fine too (So the SIM is fine)

So I am absolutely lost as for what to do, tried a lot of googling and not found any way to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated; Thanks.

Darwin.
7th June 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 372

2,099 posts
More
I had just about the exact problem on my Nexus 5. Have you tried calling customer care for your network? My phone profile was deleted by ATT by accident during a plan upgrade. I had to call from a friends phone to figure this out and fix it. Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
7th June 2014, 11:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Smile
Hi, thanks for the reply. I did ring them previously and they didn't seem to have ever heard of the problem. What would you suggest I say to them? What exactly is a phone profile?

Thanks.
7th June 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ohio

2,099 posts
More
Have them look into the account and look at your line only. That is your phone profile. Have them trouble shoot your line and check voicemail.

8th June 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Ok, that wouldn't explain a different three SIM having the same problem though would it? or would it?

Thanks
8th June 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ohio

2,099 posts
More
I am clueless now. You should now probably contact the phone maker itself to see what they say. Sorry man I could help you.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread