Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,559 Members 52,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Create, Edit & Install A Custom Watch Face for the Gear 2 Neo

Tip us?
 
BigDanInTX
Old
#41  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 148
Join Date: May 2009
Location: League City, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbc01 View Post
Using the tutorial, I was able to create a 24 hour watch.
However, I did not use the watch sample, I think I used the App sample
so my watch loaded/installed as an app and not a watch choice.

I see the 24 hour face is a bit crowded on the screen. . . Here is a screen shot of
the emulator view. The watch view is the same, but a bit smaller to look at. . .
You could always just show every few of the "ticks" - 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24... 6, 12, 18, 24... Wouldn't be as crowded.
Samsung Galaxy SIII | Samsung Gear 2 Neo | Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
The Following User Says Thank You to BigDanInTX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
admiral70
Old
(Last edited by admiral70; 7th May 2014 at 09:11 PM.)
#42  
admiral70's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 153
Join Date: Dec 2006
How do you switch to digital clock? I used the sample do I have to go get a new template somewhere?

Thanks
SmartPhone: Currently using the Samsung Galaxy S5
Wearable: Samsung Gear 2 Neo
Tablet: Motorola Xoom tablet running EOS Stingray.
Google ChromeCast
 
Breach
Old
#43  
Breach's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Posts: 300
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maine, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbc01 View Post
Using the tutorial, I was able to create a 24 hour watch.
However, I did not use the watch sample, I think I used the App sample
so my watch loaded/installed as an app and not a watch choice.

I see the 24 hour face is a bit crowded on the screen. . . Here is a screen shot of
the emulator view. The watch view is the same, but a bit smaller to look at. . .
You can open your config.xml from within the Tizen IDE and click the Source Tab at the bottom.

Look for the application id line.. For example..

<tizen:application id="J4zRTnYAb.mywatch" package="J4zRTnYAb" required_version="2.1"/>

Add this line directly after it...

<tizen:category name="com.samsung.wmanager.WATCH_CLOCK"/>

This will make your app into a watch/clock.

----

Note that you can also edit index.html to get rid of the "Analog Watch" text.

.
<-- If you found my comment helpful, please press the [THANKS] button.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Current: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Model: SM-N900T) - Rom: ViSiON X N3 KitKat 4.4 NB7 w/Samsung Gear 2 (Model: SM-R380)
The Following User Says Thank You to Breach For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jonrobertd
Old
(Last edited by jonrobertd; 14th May 2014 at 12:59 AM.)
#44  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 292
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Eastanollee Ga
I keep getting the error too.
"Description Resource Path Location Type
Expected '===' and instead saw '=='. main.js /G2Nface/.build/Result Resource Layer/js line 135 JavaScript Problem"
Any one know what this is or how to remedy it, the upload to emulator hangs around 60%.


EDIT: REMEDY: Got it working by disabling JSLint builder.Got no loading to emu with adding = to the line so more research found this.
Now how about a how to on changing hands and other stuff?
 
Restless-rooster
Old
#45  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottahavit View Post
Shortcuts are easy enough, I am working on a customizable watch that will allow shortcuts. Have that working, but am still fighting the tools. This is a very immature development IDE and API. Documentation is absolutely unforgivable.
Really? Have you found a way to add notifications to the watch face? I have one that I am working on, but want to wait to release it until I find a way to add the notifications to it.
 
gottahavit
Old
#46  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 563
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless-rooster View Post
Really? Have you found a way to add notifications to the watch face? I have one that I am working on, but want to wait to release it until I find a way to add the notifications to it.
As of right now you can't. The only way you'd be able to do it is to intercept the notifications yourself separately on the phone and have your own notification tracker.

I may try to do this once I finish my customizable watchface. I have everything working except some cleanup on the configuration app.
 
Gossieur
Old
(Last edited by Gossieur; 5th June 2014 at 01:44 PM.)
#47  
Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 53
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default Wgt. files

I have just added a black Cartier and a Panerai in the forum ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...83553&page=477 )
Maybe we can post the new projects over there ?
It is becomming dificult to follow up the different threads where we put our themes
 
BigDanInTX
Old
#48  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 148
Join Date: May 2009
Location: League City, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossieur View Post
I have just added a black Cartier and a Panerai in the forum ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...83553&page=477 )
Maybe we can post the new projects over there ?
It is becomming dificult to follow up the different threads where we put our themes
Holy @#$%, that's a gold mine of wsthemes... I had no idea.
Samsung Galaxy SIII | Samsung Gear 2 Neo | Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Tags
clock, custom, face, sdk, watch
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes