Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 54,780 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

has anyone found or heard of a fix for the bad signal/reception on the note 3????

Tip us?

jdog94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122
Default has anyone found or heard of a fix for the bad signal/reception on the note 3????

has anyone found or heard of a fix for the bad signal/reception on the note 3????
i have tried all the modems and reception is just not up to par .....my s5 just smokes it ...

went camping a couple weeks ago and i was the only one not having a signal

sdglenn
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Try pulling the battery then the Sim card and leave out of the phone for 2 minutes. Then replace and reboot.

I found but can't remember where a tweak to adjust the radio sensitivities using the terminal program. My issues where solved

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

moejoe88
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog94 View Post
i have tried all the modems and reception is just not up to par .....my s5 just smokes it ...

went camping a couple weeks ago and i was the only one not having a signal
Yeah, I'm in pretty much the same boat. 4G is terrible with my note 3. Having to toggle airplane mode all the time to get service back is getting old. I flashed all the modems too and really can't tell the difference. My S4 is twice as fast and more reliable. Wish someone had a solution, because I'd hate to get rid of the note.

adoublearonn
Old
Thanks Meter 43
I'm in the same boat. Except mine was working great and then one day started working like crap. This is ridiculous. It also seems intermittent for me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

parcou
Old
Thanks Meter 49
I went through all this when the GPS on my N3 begin to not lock quickly and be as accurate. I flashed, changed modems, tighten screws, etc. etc I have some long post on my N3 issue all steps i did. My N3 was never dropped has no cover not a scratch on it. After months of this, I called to get a replacement...rooted and put the exact same rom/radio back on...gps, signal all was spot on!
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) (rooted only) by VZW
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (rooted Beans) by VZW
Samsung Gear (rooted NULL)
Samsung Gear 2

(retired) HTC Incredible
(retired) HTC TouchPro 2
(retired) HTC TouchPro
(retired) HTC 6800
...All Verizon Wireless