Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,152 Members 53,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Managed to unbrick VZW GN2 but lost imei

Tip us?

jpleez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Managed to unbrick VZW GN2 but lost imei

I picked up a bricked Verizon Note2 off someone on craigslist. I managed to unbrick it but the only way that i could was by flashing a stock rom without root. I tried earlier stock roms and so forth. Nothing stuck. So now it has stock 4.3 on it. The problem is apparently the efs folder is corrupted or files are missing or whatever, but I cannot connect to verizon network. In the settings the imei and meid is unknown, baseband is unknown, network is unknown, mobile network type is unknown, etc., etc.

I am really at a loss as to what to do. I have been pouring over xda and various other threads for the past few days and cannot seem to find a fix.

The good news 'might be' that I have my own Verizon GN2, which is also stock 4.3, but not rooted. So basically the same phone, except my GN2 has the ND3 build (i took the OTA update) and the borked phone has the MJ9 build.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do to rebuild the efs folder or whatever it takes to get this phone to pick up the VZW network?
Naturally I do know what the iemi is because its under the battery.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

jpleez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Just an update if anyone cares... At one point I put the phone in airplane mode and when I tried to take it out of airplane mode it would freeze. Battery pull, rebooted and soft reset several times and it never came out of airplane mode. I called Samsung to report the airplane mode problem, not mentioning my initial issue at all, and after they took me through all of their steps of reboots and resets he decided that I should send it in and they will reflash all new software to it, and they were "really sorry" that this has happened to me. I pouted for about 2 seconds before printing out the mailing label.

Does anyone know what android version they typically send back? The most recent Verizon version or the original Verizon release version?

syounit
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default CL

Thats what happens when you use CL

jpleez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I knew it was bricked when I got it but in worse shape, that's why I only paid $80 for it, other than that it's in great condition. Sending it off to Samsung is the best I could have done to get back into working condition. Not a bad flip.
Tags
efs, galaxy note 2, i605, iemi, verizon