[Q] Wifi doesn't work

Search This thread

mikk_11

Mar 6, 2014
Hi there,

Today I recognized that my wifi doesn't work. I can switch it on an there is also a massage that there is a wifi network available in the notification center. But if i open settings/wifi the phone writes no wifi networkes available.

My Z1c is rooted (KK .757) and locked bootloader.

Has anybody a idea how I can solve this problem?

androkid

Nov 10, 2008
Hi there,

Today I recognized that my wifi doesn't work. I can switch it on an there is also a massage that there is a wifi network available in the notification center. But if i open settings/wifi the phone writes no wifi networkes available.

My Z1c is rooted (KK .757) and locked bootloader.

Has anybody a idea how I can solve this problem?

This happens to me sometimes, after a restart works for me. May be next update may solve this problem

OBI-Hoernchen

Sep 7, 2011
You can try: 1. restart your router
and 2. delete the settings for your network in your Z1C and make a new registration.

Is the problem solved?

I think no.1 will solve the problem. What a router do you? Many routers can do a automatic restart after flashing DD-WRT or Open WRT. These firmwares are available for the most routers.

greetings

mikk_11

Mar 6, 2014
What do you mean with 2.??
I've already tried to restart my router. But I'm pretty sure that the problem isn't the router because I can connect with other devices to the router.

OBI-Hoernchen

Sep 7, 2011
go to settings - WLan and tap long time on your network and delete it.

It does not matter, that other devices can connect to your router.
I had the same problem with a TP-Link router after few days running. A restart helps only.

mikk_11

Mar 6, 2014
Delete the network doesn't help too.
It does not matter, that other devices can connect to your router.
I had the same problem with a TP-Link router after few days running. A restart helps only.

Usually I find also the wifi networks of my neighbours. But now I don't find any wifi network.

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Delete the network doesn't help too.

Usually I find also the wifi networks of my neighbours. But now I don't find any wifi network.

For sure you have problem with your router since low cost routers is nothing than an s***t ! I had the same trouble with an low cost router until I come back with an good Dlink DSL2740B router 5 years ago, everything working flawlesly constantly ~5 years, no wifi isues! My sugestion to you is to buy an good home router! I have plan to bye this one http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/connect/routers/dir-880l-ac1900-wifi-router which will work for sure perfectly next 5 years (probably more)!

Last edited:

mikk_11

Mar 6, 2014
I've solved the problem already. The problem wasn't the router.

I had to wipe DATA and then my WIFI worked again.
Then I tried to restore a backup what I've made befor but then wifi doesn't work any more.

So there was something buggy with my DATA..