Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 49,671 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is it necessary for my m7 to be S-Off before I can flash the latest ViperOne Rom?

Tip us?

iamdecaf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is it necessary for my m7 to be S-Off before I can flash the latest ViperOne Rom?

My m7 is rooted and has the bootloader unlocked already. But it's still S-On and running hboot version 1.57. I'm worried that flashing the latest ViperOne ROM that has hboot version 1.54 will brick it. So I'm wondering if it is needed for my m7 to be s-off before i can flash the ROM. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 877

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdecaf View Post
My m7 is rooted and has the bootloader unlocked already. But it's still S-On and running hboot version 1.57. I'm worried that flashing the latest ViperOne ROM that has hboot version 1.54 will brick it. So I'm wondering if it is needed for my m7 to be s-off before i can flash the ROM. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Rom's don't have a hboot
all that's important is you have TWRP Recovery v2.6.3.3 or up and your on a M7_u or M7_UL

S-off is always good but your already hboot 1.57 so it might be a challenge
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iamdecaf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
Rom's don't have a hboot
all that's important is you have TWRP Recovery v2.6.3.3 or up and your on a M7_u or M7_UL

S-off is always good but your already hboot 1.57 so it might be a challenge
I'm using CWM v6.0.4.6, but I suppose as long as I have a recovery flashed I should be alright right? And yes I'm on m7_UL. Thanks a lot for your reply!

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 877

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdecaf View Post
I'm using CWM v6.0.4.6, but I suppose as long as I have a recovery flashed I should be alright right? And yes I'm on m7_UL. Thanks a lot for your reply!
no, older recovery's have problems with the newer Rom's

update to TWRP
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

iamdecaf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay I've flashed Twrp v2.7.1.0. Now all I do is to flash the ROM itself right?

nateboi81
Old
Thanks Meter 82
You can flash it. But as people have said twrp 2.6.3.3 is the best version to use. You can try the latest. If Rom won't boot flash the above recovery version

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app