Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 44,547 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] App Installing issues

Tip us?

tooandrew
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballengphd View Post
On my note 2 with dn3 v4 beta 2, the downloaded apks from my playstore are in root/factory, different devices may have it in different name.

If you are talking about apks downloaded from internet or transferred from PC, then it most likely will be in root/sdcard/download folder.
i would like to know where to find the apps that the samsung store downloads before it fails to transfer them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballengphd View Post
I think your situation may be a little different than OP's. From your sig your gear is rooted with null rom 26 (btw where did you find that, I thought the latest null rom is only 23?), so you would have a custom recovery on your gear already. Then all you need is to load the apks through bluetooth file transfer on to the gear, and intall it from the gear directly, you don't need gear manager at all for this.

As for why your s3 is not recognizing the gear, I am not sure. I had my note 2 on dn3 kitkat with latest gear manager (1.7 something I think) connected to my gear on null 23 rom and everything was working, including bluetooth file transfer, and I was able to install apks by bluetooth file transfer and then install from the gear itself.
thanks, typo. i corrected that. and i know i can install normal apks but of the few apps in the samsung store that are made for the gear, there are a couple of them i would like to use. also have been considering taking the plunge to tizen, but i need to know my phone can connect to the gear with with tizen and the newest gear manager.
IF I HELPED YOU, HIT THANKS
My Devices:
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3, rooted and running Wicked X v7.0, undervolted and overclocked, powered by ktoonsez's KT747 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy Gear, rooted and running Null Rom 23, undervolted 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, rooted and running CivZ-FLEXNOTE-8.0 Rev1.3, powered by Civato's SphereKat-Rev2.2 kernel 4.4.2
Dell Inspiron Duo running android x86 4.3

bballengphd
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooandrew View Post
i would like to know where to find the apps that the samsung store downloads before it fails to transfer them.
I just did a download of an app from the samsung store. Its stored in the same folder as my other apps from the google play store, root/factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooandrew View Post
thanks, typo. i corrected that. and i know i can install normal apks but of the few apps in the samsung store that are made for the gear, there are a couple of them i would like to use. also have been considering taking the plunge to tizen, but i need to know my phone can connect to the gear with with tizen and the newest gear manager.
I am not sure why your s3 does not connect to the gear, sorry I cannot help as I do not have a s3. one would think it is capable as I have seen gear with null rom connected to s2 before. Perhaps someone else who has a s3 and gear can chime in and lend a hand here?

One thing though, if you have apk's that you would like on the gear, I would recommend staying with android for now, as Tizen is still too new, and of the few apps thats available, they are all from the official Samsung Store, at the moment we cannot install third party apps without going through Samsung Store on Tizen.