Post Reply

[HELP]Can't read SD Card after formating

OP ChristianMonteon

7th June 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #1  
ChristianMonteon's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Guys help me please. I partition my sd card. few months ago. last night i formatted my SD card. after that. SD card can't mount. please help me. what to do ? also my computer can't read it please help me how to fix it . thanks in advanced.
7th June 2014, 07:04 AM   |  #2  
marcussmith2626's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,442
 
4,540 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
first backup any data you have on your sd card

remove all partitions with minitool and create a new partition of fat32 and format it with minitool

next boot up your phone with the sd card in
goto
settings
storage
unmount sd card
erase/format sd card

now go into cwm - you sd card will now be mountable

for the 2nd partition create it in cwm
cant remember exactly where the option is from memory but its under something like partitions
just create a 2nd partition of 1024mb with 0 swap

you can then copy any backups back to sd card
The Following User Says Thank You to marcussmith2626 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #3  
ChristianMonteon's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626

first backup any data you have on your sd card

remove all partitions with minitool and create a new partition of fat32 and format it with minitool

next boot up your phone with the sd card in
goto
settings
storage
unmount sd card
erase/format sd card

now go into cwm - you sd card will now be mountable

for the 2nd partition create it in cwm
cant remember exactly where the option is from memory but its under something like partitions
just create a 2nd partition of 1024mb with 0 swap

you can then copy any backups back to sd card

i don't have any backups i format my sd card by using my phone. in the settings. after that. i put some files in my sd card. then a day after. my phone can't mount my sd card. even my computer can't read my sd card so minitool will not work on this what to do. my sd card is not readable.
7th June 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #4  
marcussmith2626's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,442
 
4,540 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianMonteon

i don't have any backups i format my sd card by using my phone. in the settings. after that. i put some files in my sd card. then a day after. my phone can't mount my sd card. even my computer can't read my sd card so minitool will not work on this what to do. my sd card is not readable.

if you are unable to read your sd card via a card reader on a pc (not via phone usb cable) in order to delete partitions and recreate them, its best you get a new sd card
The Following User Says Thank You to marcussmith2626 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #5  
ChristianMonteon's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626

if you are unable to read your sd card via a card reader on a pc (not via phone usb cable) in order to delete partitions and recreate them, its best you get a new sd card

how sad. btw. Thanks
7th June 2014, 07:33 AM   |  #6  
Tanuj Chandolia's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
My computer also once was not able to read my sd card but minitool partition wizard detected it.... What i did then was that i deleted all the partitions and created a new one with
Label--Android-SD
Type - Primary
File type -- Fat32

After i did this .. My phone and computer both read the sd card...

Hope this helps for u too..

Press thanx if it helps you
Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
7th June 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #7  
ChristianMonteon's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuj Chandolia

My computer also once was not able to read my sd card but minitool partition wizard detected it.... What i did then was that i deleted all the partitions and created a new one with
Label--Android-SD
Type - Primary
File type -- Fat32

After i did this .. My phone and computer both read the sd card...

Hope this helps for u too..

Press thanx if it helps you
Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

minitool partition wizard cant read my memory card too
7th June 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #8  
Tanuj Chandolia's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianMonteon

minitool partition wizard cant read my memory card too

You are using card reader or usb cable..?
U have to use card reader..

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Tanuj Chandolia For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #9  
Killnolife's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuj Chandolia

You are using card reader or usb cable..?
U have to use card reader..

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

I think that's not the problem, i use a MP3 player with USB

If you plug your sdcard on linux-based using anything it should be /dev/sdc

Quote:

Quote:

Do a dd if=/dev/sdc of=/home/[your user]/Desktop/sdcard.img

After that install WinImage http://www.winimage.com/

Open the img with winimage it will tell you where to connect,

choose first primary fat32 partition open menu -> extract all with subdirectories,

Best way to recover files but for the sdcard i think it will be better to buy a new one

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Y GT-S5360 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank