OP rs70

7th June 2014, 10:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 8

44 posts
More
Hi guys,
Recently I've installed GTA San Andreas on my M7 and found out that this phone wasn't meant to be a gaming device. Apart from the fact that it's getting really hot and I play it on lowest graphics settings, when I connect it with 5% of battery left and continue playing while charging, the phone eventually turns itself off in a matter of minutes. Is it normal that your phone can DISCHARGE while charging.
The charger is fine and I'm running Android Revolution rom 70 and have Bulletproof 14.2 kernel. Can it be due to rom or kernel, or is it caused by the way the circuitry of phone is designed?
Anyone experiencing something similar?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA mobile app
7th June 2014, 11:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 21

40 posts
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs70

Hi guys,
Recently I've installed GTA San Andreas on my M7 and found out that this phone wasn't meant to be a gaming device. Apart from the fact that it's getting really hot and I play it on lowest graphics settings, when I connect it with 5% of battery left and continue playing while charging, the phone eventually turns itself off in a matter of minutes. Is it normal that your phone can DISCHARGE while charging.
The charger is fine and I'm running Android Revolution rom 70 and have Bulletproof 14.2 kernel. Can it be due to rom or kernel, or is it caused by the way the circuitry of phone is designed?
Anyone experiencing something similar?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA mobile app

To me it has happened to me on occasion but only if it drops below 14%, if you ocurreo above, watch it, but if the 45 or so is normal the phone is turned off for safety.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

test anyway if the 14% off you, because then it is a sensor problem.
7th June 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #3  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 98

614 posts
More
Absolutely it can discharge while your gaming.
The stock charger is rated to put out a max of 1A or 1000mA. The device (stock) will also prevent it from over charging by allowing only 1A or 1000mA max current to flow into it.
Now while your gaming your device is using a lot of processing power and GPU processing power plus powering the screen and audio. All of this is taking more then 1A of current.
Everything you described is normal. It will get hot plugged in or not when gaming. Thats the processor putting off heat as your using it.
The Following User Says Thank You to IAmSixNine For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2014, 09:03 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 8

44 posts
More
Okay, thanks guys. I was just a little afraid that it might be caused by the battery, since the phone is getting quite hot when I'm doing sth resource-intensive and thought that the battery degraded.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread