Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 41,217 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto G Airplane problems on KitKat

Tip us?

stumbox
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It's definitely not the sim. I've only had problems since the update. Sim has been taken out, wiped and put back in.
I've done a factory reset using the software and the power off way. If there is a way to put jellybean back on, that might help. Its just a random glitch to have airplane mode turning itself on randomly.

macster1982
Old
Thanks Meter 0
has anyone found a solution to this?

my phone keeps putting itself into airplane mode since the KK update, it's ruining the experience of this phone for me

GeneralGrevios
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Well you have two options. 1- Warranty. 2- Root the phone and try whit a Custom Room's and try out until solve the problem(and lose the warranty). I preferred the first one

MisterIW
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just been looking for more info on this. There's some reports on of similar issues on the Nexus with 4.3 ( and maybe 4.4.2 )
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=58317
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=58495

There's also a couple of threads on the Motorola forums relating to the Moto G ( not sure how many of the posters there are common to here ? )
https://forums.motorola.com/posts/eee23c886b
https://forums.motorola.com/posts/c23d71e3d8?page=1

NB sorry can't post direct links yet!!

shootomanUK
Old
Thanks Meter 30
im having the same issues on my retail moto g, it's got to be a bug in the kk update as it never happened on jb !

also my sister's tesco moto g is having the same problem

gl_007
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default this worked for me

had the same problems when moved from 4.3 UK retail to DE retail.

the issue was fixed when i did a factory reset to my phone.

No problems since.

As i recall the flashall scripts i used to flash stock roms (both UK and DE) do not format /cache and /data partitions.

quizmaniac
Old
Thanks Meter 15
same problem here and seems to be getting worse,no problems while using wifi but when switching too data it goes into airplane mode,this can happen straight away or go for hours without doing it, really annoying

lots of complaints on the motorola forums and samsungs now so hopefully google are on the case..

eddie_wakey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by quizmaniac View Post
same problem here and seems to be getting worse,no problems while using wifi but when switching too data it goes into airplane mode,this can happen straight away or go for hours without doing it, really annoying

lots of complaints on the motorola forums and samsungs now so hopefully google are on the case..
I have 5 moto G's here, all upgraded to KitKat, all suffering from the same issues.
Come on moto/google, can we have a fix??!

jamesclark
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update imminent

Just spoken to both Tesco Mobile and also to Motorla help chat, both tell me that the fix has been released and the phone should be updated immininently - heres hoping, as the problem seems to be getting worse every day!

Skinpipe
Old
(Last edited by Skinpipe; 8th June 2014 at 09:14 AM.) Reason: ADDITIONAL INFO
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesclark View Post
Just spoken to both Tesco Mobile and also to Motorla help chat, both tell me that the fix has been released and the phone should be updated immininently - heres hoping, as the problem seems to be getting worse every day!
my girls phone has this problem, I have the solution.

Just flash the 4.3 respective radio.img so for example go to the moto g radio and kernel page and expand the 4.3 content box and choose the radio for your region whatever that is you will notice only a few are different, then flash it in either twrp or cwm or in fastboot

fastboot flash radio (filename).img
I personally flashed twrp and the flashed the radio.zip whilst in the custom recovery

if anyone needs help with this PM me

MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE CORRECT RADIO I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR BRICKS

The Following User Says Thank You to Skinpipe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]