HTC One software update (4.06.1540.3)

Search This thread

kamalsingh1101

Jun 8, 2014
Hi All,

I need urgent help.. i have recently bought a pre-owned htc one M7 from a buyer. while installing the software update (4.06.1540.3 ) the phone goes into some white screen and following appears:

I m not aware if the seller has done something wrong with the phone bcz i m not aware of software language & how can i install the update..

your help is highly appreciated.. thanks

*Tampered*
*Unlocked*
M7U PVT SHIP S-ON RM
H BOOT-1.56.0000RADIO-4A.23.3263.20
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-
eMMC-boot 2040MB
Jan 22 2014, 15:21:20

FASTBOOT AC

BOOTLOADER

REBOOT
REBOOT BOOTLOADER

synt3k

Jul 31, 2012
Austin, TX
The tampered thing is nothing to worry about, it just means that the bootloader has been unlocked.

You might want to look into getting S-OFF by following one of the guides here on xda.

But it sounds to me like you are in the bootloader, you should be able to use the volume buttons to select recovery to enter TWRP or CWM.. in recovery mode you can flash the software update if it's a ROM that you found here as a zip file.. There are many guides around to do all of this, good luck.

Edit: Press volume down twice to select bootloader then hit the power button. Then you should see another menu with an option for recovery. Are you rooted? Do you have a custom recovery installed? If not, I'd recommend downloading TWRP.

Last edited:

kamalsingh1101

Jun 8, 2014
Thank you so much for ur prompt reply.. I am actully not well versed with this.. i just thought of installing the update (OTA) but the screen appeared and it couldn't be done..There were 3 options to select from: Reboot/Reboot bootloader or power down.. Using the vol button i just clicked on reboot and phone went back in previous state

i am worried whether i would be able to install the official updates and how to get rid of this..i could also locate supersu app which is prompting me to run custom/normal recovery.. i don't know if i shud do anything from there..

i m novice to all this and don't know even a bit on this..this is a pre-owned phone & i have no idea what the seller has done..

i just want to run on official updates without getting into all this trouble..

your reply will be highly appreciated.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The tampered thing is nothing to worry about, it just means that the bootloader has been unlocked.

You might want to look into getting S-OFF by following one of the guides here on xda.

But it sounds to me like you are in the bootloader, you should be able to use the volume buttons to select recovery to enter TWRP or CWM.. in recovery mode you can flash the software update if it's a ROM that you found here as a zip file.. There are many guides around to do all of this, good luck.

Edit: Press volume down twice to select bootloader then hit the power button. Then you should see another menu with an option for recovery. Are you rooted? Do you have a custom recovery installed? If not, I'd recommend downloading TWRP.