Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,417 Members 46,470 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official Magnetic flip cover problems

Tip us?

THUDUK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 149
Default Official Magnetic flip cover problems

Been using my tegra note for a few days happily enjoying it's brilliance, but yesterday I started noticing the touch screen was not working in certain areas, in particular either all down one edge then all down the other, strangely enough it seemed to change depending on the position I had the device in.

If I had it up in landscape mode the bottom strip was not picking up m my touches at all, especially difficult typing,
Then we I had it in hand Landscape or portrait, the far edge would stop working... Then it came to me, I flapped the cover away so not doubled back and flapped around the back of the device.

Screen had been perfect, so then I tested positioning the magnet strip in the cover in different places along the back of the tegra, and where ever it was positioned the screen would be less sensitive, weird or simply not working.

The reason this had only shown yesterday is because that's when I first fitted and started using the flip cover

Going to return the cover, and let the manufacturers know.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using XDA Free mobile app

My PDA/Phone History

BuToNz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I think this is a software issue, I've seen the same behaviour. Locking and unlocking the tablet seems to bring back the deadzones.