I have a Bell Canada Xperia Z1 C6906 (Locked Bootloader) on 14.3.A.0.757 that is unrooted and I would like some help/advice about rooting it with the least amount of distress since while I need the features provided by rooting I cannot afford to brick my phone. So any help would be very much appreciated.
I have looked through the information and I will provide what I know below - is it correct, is there more I need to do?
- Install Flashtool and all drivers.
- Backup my TA partition for future reference/restoration.
- Download FTF firmware that is version .534 - I found C6906 14.1.G.1.534 Rogers CA (which should be compatible even though its Rogers and I have Bell?) and flash it via flashtool.
- Root the Xperia Z1 with 360Root.
- Download the NUT's latest locked dual recovery
Z1-lockeddualrecovery2.7.123-BETA.installer.zip (10.22MB) and follow the instructions from [DEVDB][TWRP][PhilZ Touch][CWM] XZDualRecovery 2.7.1XX RC
- Download C6906_14.2.A.0.290.flashable.zip and C6906_14.2.A.0.290_Stripped.ftf, place *flashable.zip on the SDCard and *Stripped.ftf in the Flashtool/firmware folder.
- Create a full backup of my phone through TWRP
- Wipe Dalivik-Cache, System, Data, Cache.
- Flash " C6906_14.2.A.0.290.flashable.zip", power off. In Flashtool flash everything (check mark System, data etc ?) for "C6906_14.2.A.0.290_Stripped.ftf". Reboot and on language select reboot into TWRP and restore DATA backup. Wipe Dalivik-Cache and reboot.
- Update to the newest version of Android - download C6906_14.3.A.0.757.flashable.zip and C6906_14.3.A.0.757_Stripped.ftf from [STOCK][C69XX][4.4] Update to 14.3.A.0.757 [Root & XZDR][DE-/ODEX] by NUT. Place *flashable.zip on the SDCard and *Stripped.ftf in the Flashtool/firmware folder.
- Repeat step 7-9.
- Should have a rooted newest version of the Xperia Z1?
Did I miss anything or make it too complex? It seems like a lot of steps just to have a rooted and up to date phone.