[Q] 3g video call on moto g

Tip us?

gearguy365
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 3g video call on moto g

hello,
i just got a moto g XT1032 and i cant seem to find any option of making 3G video call in the dialer app. can someone help me with that?
thanks in advance!

wws12
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearguy365 View Post
hello,
i just got a moto g XT1032 and i cant seem to find any option of making 3G video call in the dialer app. can someone help me with that?
thanks in advance!
Hangouts is for video calls.
The Following User Says Thank You to wws12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gearguy365
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for the reply
yeah hangouts can be used for video call, but i saw many android phones have the video call option directly on a name in the contacts.
so i was wondering if i could have that shortcut on the dialer of moto g too...

pranav.suvarna
Old
Thanks Meter 13
but hangouts would use 3g data and not the 3g video calling feature of service provider....correct me if m mistaken!!

cpuspeed
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav.suvarna View Post
but hangouts would use 3g data and not the 3g video calling feature of service provider....correct me if m mistaken!!
3g video calling uses 3g data. what do you think 3g means.

pranav.suvarna
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuspeed View Post
3g video calling uses 3g data. what do you think 3g means.
well I am not sure which operator you have...I am using a vodafone corporate plan which lets me make video calls for 50p/min thats not something which is charged to my 3g data balance..please get ur facts right

cpuspeed
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
well I am not sure which operator you have...I am using a vodafone corporate plan which lets me make video calls for 50p/min thats not something which is charged to my 3g data balance..please get ur facts right
still uses data. and you can say it isn't charge to your data cuz you are paying 50p/min. again it uses data. for specific questions about your plan this isn't the place. talk to your provider.

pranav.suvarna
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
still uses data. and you can say it isn't charge to your data cuz you are paying 50p/min. again it uses data. for specific questions about your plan this isn't the place. talk to your provider.
I beleive u have no clue about 3g video calling...it does use data but you can video call a person who doesnt have hangout/skype or any other software for video calling....its a common feature in most of the phones.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Quote:
I beleive u have no clue about 3g video calling...it does use data but you can video call a person who doesnt have hangout/skype or any other software for video calling....its a common feature in most of the phones.
http://support.vodafone.com.au/artic.../Video-Calling please read this if you are not sure about what m talkin

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Quote:
FYI,its called Native Video Calling

liveroy
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearguy365 View Post
hello,
thanks in advance!
There isn't support for it in stock android.Only if the manufacturer decideds to put its own in the dailer/contacts apps (samsung for example has it ot many phones of theirs).
Also I didn't see any port of that feature at all, but since I don't care for expensive operator-hosted video calling, I might missed it up if it was ever ported.
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.

cokodidi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

FYI,its called Native Video Calling
you are not alone. i spent times to explain to them who surprisingly an android, ios developer about this native video calling and they insist its 3g data used. after i said that, my mother can receive my video call without any plan or credits whatsoever in her phone, they all surprised

at this time only samsung and some local brands are having this. sony-ericksson already started this feature back in 2004/2005, and samsung keep using this feature on their windows phone 5.x/6.x (not with current win phone 7/8) , also to all samsung android devices.

you will never has this feature activated on google nexus since android doesnt support this feature on the os.

i assume, your phone is samsung. coz, lg , acer and lenovo hasnt as well as nexus.