Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,920 Members 42,698 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem: navigation hangs ONLY on 3G signal

Tip us?

devilozzo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Location Problem: navigation hangs ONLY on 3G signal

Hello to all,
state that is not new, and now I've got used to it .. but I have always wondered why when I switched 2G/3G data and scale of H + to 3G data does not work anymore '.
It goes into a sort of coma, and you have to wait for a stop to "E" or "H+" .... Perhaps the only rom that I had this problem was to factory stock.
With all the other has always presented this problem.
Someone can give me an explanation on this? Why 3G in our 4X does not sail?
A company can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on firewalls, intrusion detection systems and encryption and other security technologies, but if an attacker can call one trusted person within the company, and that person complies, and if the attacker gets in, then all that money spent on technology is essentially wasted.

Adam77Root
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 10963

DONATE TO ME
I can confirm this, data doesn't work on 3G on custom roms. Keep in mind only stock rom has a fully compatible RIL.

Sent from my OmniROM-powered LG Optimus 4X HD
Quote:
I'd be glad if you could spare me a few bucks. You can use PayPal.

Thanks very much to all donors, it is much appreciated!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adam77Root For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Flying_Bear
Old
Thanks Meter 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam77Root View Post
I can confirm this, data doesn't work on 3G on custom roms. Keep in mind only stock rom has a fully compatible RIL.

hmmm, even on stock i had similar behaviour - when i trigger something that uses data transfer, 3g icon changes to h+ untill i stop using the data. if i'm on 2g, it triggers E icon. i tought this was default behaviour tbh
To install custom roms on O4x:

1. upgrade to jb
2. root
3. unlock bootloader
4. flash custom recovery (cwm)
5. flash roms
6. if you encounter any issues, search, they've been answered already.

Got issues with RIL/IMEI/BASEBAND on custom 4.2, 4.3 or 4.4 ROMs on p880? Click me for possible solution!
The Following User Says Thank You to Flying_Bear For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

devilozzo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam77Root View Post

So... no solutions?
A company can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on firewalls, intrusion detection systems and encryption and other security technologies, but if an attacker can call one trusted person within the company, and that person complies, and if the attacker gets in, then all that money spent on technology is essentially wasted.

devilozzo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
up