Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,463 Members 40,152 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Few questions before buying

Tip us?

nicasoft
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Few questions before buying

Hi,
I going back and forth between the Tab Pro 10.1 or the Ipad Air 16gb... on one side I like the feeling and look of ios.. my phone currently is a Galaxy S4 and run great but it's not jaw dropping in term of menus or look. My mom have an ipad Air and looks and feel great... the only thing that is keeping me away from it is the lack of memory expansion... my budget is around the 16gb model and is not enough... with the tab pro I plan on buying a 64fb memory and copy movies and videos from my computer to the tablet... few questions regarding this tablet: does the galaxy pro read divx coded? .mkv?, .avi, etc? I know on the ipad you would have to convert movies to mp4 in order to play it.... another questions is about the performance... is the performance on browsing, apps, youtube, etc... similar to the galaxy S4 or better? is the tab pro a good option to replace the use of a laptop (I'm talking about basic stuff like email, browsing, watch movies, music, etc)?

05GT
Old
Thanks Meter 151
The tab pros are very smooth. There are multiple free apps that will play any movie format you desire. That 16GB I pad will fill up quickly. I know from experience. Can't beat the microsd expansion for movies and music.

Also you don't have to covert your movies for ipad. You can use Azul, VLC, or other apps to play any format as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

- 15.4 Retina MBP | Microsoft SP3 128GB
- Verizon Galaxy S5 (Electric Blue) | Verizon LG G3
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5

BackHol3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
There is one player and it does everything, google BSplayer. It even search and downloads subtitles automatically from the web.