Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,415 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Should I purchase the Wifi Note 10.1?

Tip us?
 
GalaxyNotesTx
Old
#11  
GalaxyNotesTx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 185
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus49 View Post
Are you saying Kingo Root doesn't trip the Knox fuse? I have been looking hard for a way of doing this and so far seen absolutely nothing, here or anywhere else, to suggest that this is possible. This thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2538345 suggests it doesn't even work much less do so without blowing the fuse.

Please elaborate.
Hi yes, I have rooted both my devices and can go into download mode and counter says Ox0 ,,the boot loader is locked,,so i am still on stock ROM, I don't have Safe strap on either,,,I really have no need for flashing other Roms since I get 3-4 days of battery out of my Note 3. I believe if you "flash" another ROM its possible it might a e fuse ,,..I could be wrong ..

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
 
buhohitr
Old
#12  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,521
Posts: 5,183
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyNotesTx View Post
Hi yes, I have rooted both my devices and can go into download mode and counter says Ox0 ,,the boot loader is locked,,so i am still on stock ROM, I don't have Safe strap on either,,,I really have no need for flashing other Roms since I get 3-4 days of battery out of my Note 3. I believe if you "flash" another ROM its possible it might a e fuse ,,..I could be wrong ..

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
I assumed you have the P600 wifi based on your signature. What KK rom build version you were using when you rooted your device? With the D2(latest) Kingo not even work!! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53135814 .At this time, there is no way to root the p600 without triping the knox counter.
 
lotus49
Old
#13  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 91
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
Kingo not even work!! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53135814 .At this time, there is no way to root the p600 without triping the knox counter.
This was exactly my understanding as well. I'd love to be able to root mine without blowing the fuse and I don't care about installing a different ROM, I just want root access.

There must be some misunderstanding here because this is literally the only reference I have found on the web in six months of looking, to being able to root a P600 without blowing the fulse.
 
buhohitr
Old
#14  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,521
Posts: 5,183
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus49 View Post
This was exactly my understanding as well. I'd love to be able to root mine without blowing the fuse and I don't care about installing a different ROM, I just want root access.

There must be some misunderstanding here because this is literally the only reference I have found on the web in six months of looking, to being able to root a P600 without blowing the fulse.
If you read GalaxyNotesTx comment, he mentioned Note 3 instead of Note 10.1...He just confused between his devices! Again, currently no way to root without trip the knox counter.
 
lotus49
Old
#15  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 91
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
If you read GalaxyNotesTx comment, he mentioned Note 3 instead of Note 10.1...He just confused between his devices! Again, currently no way to root without trip the knox counter.
You are quite right. That is disappointing but not surprising.
 
warboat
Old
#16  
Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 73
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Melbourne
Kingo Root tries to root my 4.3 Note10 but fails.
I had to CF root thru Odin and knox is 0x1.
Kingo Root did root my 4.4 Note3 but knox is 0x1.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more