No registration required

Question about goldcards

OP steve_htc_wizard

6th June 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag originally from London
Thanks Meter: 11

91 posts
Hi, I've made a gold are for a second desire s I got for free as it wont boot and have been trying to revive.
The card works as it should and bypasses the cid although I think the desire is beyond help as i cant flash the bootloader no matter what process i try, my question is about keeping the card for future use in other devices.

Once made and used can it be re used over and over in different devices with different files for those specific phones or do you have to remake the card each time its used for a different phone?

My other question is does formatting it mean you have to re make the gold card or does the hex edit remain?

Thanks in advance,

Steve.
8th June 2014, 12:26 PM   |  #2  
Flag Mostar
Thanks Meter: 29

68 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_htc_wizard

Hi, I've made a gold are for a second desire s I got for free as it wont boot and have been trying to revive.
The card works as it should and bypasses the cid although I think the desire is beyond help as i cant flash the bootloader no matter what process i try, my question is about keeping the card for future use in other devices.

Once made and used can it be re used over and over in different devices with different files for those specific phones or do you have to remake the card each time its used for a different phone?

My other question is does formatting it mean you have to re make the gold card or does the hex edit remain?

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

First try install RUU for that Desire S bc you have goldcard.
8th June 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag originally from London
Thanks Meter: 11

91 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKENER

First try install RUU for that Desire S bc you have goldcard.

I have tried every mothod going to try and flash that phone, it refuses to touch the bootloader.
Ruus won't even try cos it won't boot, official branded roms with the right cid the same android version give a same version error before it even tries to flash.
Different version roms that are right cid freeze on flashing bootloader be it in the form of a PG88IMG from SD or in fastboot.
And unbranded roms used with a gold card freeze on flashing bootloader.

The phone won't restart to bootloader from bootloader and any programs that try to restart the boot loader fail to managed it at the bootloader freezes with battery pull being the only way to shut phone down and try again.

When I got this phone from a friend it never booted past t-mobile screen and he says it just stopped working one day, its not keen messed with and as a result I think usb debugging was not enabled ether although fastboot does work for some commands strangely.

Basicly anything that trys to work with the bootloader gets told where to go by the phone lol

If it was s-off I could have used the work around from booting the o.s from the SD card but its not.

I think the emmc has corrupted from agressive multiple app updates from the marketplace and think its beyond help, I've spent hours trying everything lol. Now I just want to know if the gold card I made can be reused in other phones and what a format would do to the card.
Last edited by steve_htc_wizard; 8th June 2014 at 12:56 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread