Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 42,662 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No roaming on the Sprint M8?

Tip us?

koolcat7
Old
(Last edited by koolcat7; 7th June 2014 at 11:08 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question No roaming on the Sprint M8?

Is it just me or is there no roaming at all on the Sprint HTC M8? I'm unlocked rooted s-on and using custom rooted stock rom. Have tried different roms with same results. When it gets bad signal the 3g is UNUSABLE. On my old Evo LTE I could use roam control to force roam, with M8 roam control does not work and just makes it get no signal. Ive made sure its not on sprint only and spent hours searching for answers.

So does anyone know why there's absolutely zero roaming onto verizon towers on this phone? I absolutely love this phone, but the problems that are arising are worrying me very much.

I'd also like to add I cannot s-off and get "whelp" error. Is it safe to assume sprint may be blocking roaming and if I had s-off I could change the build prop file to allow roaming?

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolcat7 View Post
Is it just me or is there no roaming at all on the Sprint HTC M8? I'm unlocked rooted s-on and using custom rooted stock rom. Have tried different roms with same results. When it gets bad signal the 3g is UNUSABLE. On my old Evo LTE I could use roam control to force roam, with M8 roam control does not work and just makes it get no signal. Ive made sure its not on sprint only and spent hours searching for answers.

So does anyone know why there's absolutely zero roaming onto verizon towers on this phone? I absolutely love this phone, but the problems that are arising are worrying me very much.

I'd also like to add I cannot s-off and get "whelp" error. Is it safe to assume sprint may be blocking roaming and if I had s-off I could change the build prop file to allow roaming?
Sprint Forums
Sprint Roaming MODS
Thread with someone that has no roaming Solution was on post #7
Link to the solution from post #7 mentioned above

Else you can probably do some more searching in the sprint forums for help about the roaming over to Verizon etc

koolcat7
Old
(Last edited by koolcat7; 7th June 2014 at 09:37 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14 View Post
Sprint Forums
Sprint Roaming MODS
Thread with someone that has no roaming Solution was on post #7
Link to the solution from post #7 mentioned above

Else you can probably do some more searching in the sprint forums for help about the roaming over to Verizon etc
Thanks for the info. Ive already tried the fix in post 7 link you mentioned, no luck.

Update: EPST and roam only (link 2) WONT WORK if you are still s-on. I have noticed "dataroaming" in build prop file is set to false, and when set to true, changes back after the required reboot. So what is going on here? Sprint blocking roaming on M8's or what?

koolcat7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
If I had s-off I could change build prop file to roaming value = true (its set to false and wont change).... But should roaming not be enabled already? Why would sprint block roaming and is that what's going on?