Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,284 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Home button LED non stop flashing

Tip us?

hugo4545
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Home button LED non stop flashing

Hi guys! After hard resetting my LG L7 P714, the LED button is flashing non stop, it's like a rainbow but my battery and my eyes are getting tired of it. So I was wondering what could I do to fix this, is really annoying but I don't want to re-install and configure everything again. I tried to turn it off in Settings> Display> Home button LED> Off but didn't work. I tried also to install an app called LED flash but it didn't change at all. I turned the phone off and took the battery out but nothing, Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Digdis
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo4545 View Post
Hi guys! After hard resetting my LG L7 P714, the LED button is flashing non stop, it's like a rainbow but my battery and my eyes are getting tired of it. So I was wondering what could I do to fix this, is really annoying but I don't want to re-install and configure everything again. I tried to turn it off in Settings> Display> Home button LED> Off but didn't work. I tried also to install an app called LED flash but it didn't change at all. I turned the phone off and took the battery out but nothing, Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
I use an application called Light Manager in order to control the LED behavior. After trying a few apps, this one seems to be the best IMO (although not flawless) among them.
Usage:
- In the Home button LED settings, return the setup to on, then uncheck all options except for "Download apps" (won't work otherwise).
- Download and install Light Manager
- In the settings of this app, set which notifications you wish to enable (mail, missed calls etc.).
Note: This application works much better with the alternating operating mode, which requires rooting the phone. That is at least until this phone's ROM will have something newer than this friggin' 4.1.2 ROM.
Phone: LG L7 II P714
ROM: LG Stock 4.1.2
Recovery: CWM v6.0.3.7
Tweaks: Xposed (GravityBox, Greenify, App Settings, ClockColorChanger, All Notifications Expanded), Nova Launcher Prime