HELP! My TabPro 8.4 won't charge

OP Sting3r.

7th June 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
My TabPro 8.4's battery died yesterday, when tried to charge it today, I only got the gray battery icon that you get when you charge it, however, mine doesn' get the "animation" where it charges, instead, the screen keeps blinking and the tab just won't charge, it will go into download mode however it keeps rebooting whenever I try to get it to go to recovery mode, it's rooted with CM11 and Philz recovery ont
7th June 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #2  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 41

170 posts
More
There is a known issue in CM11 with charging while the device is off. It doesn't display properly, but it DOES charge. It was fixed in the latest release... I think.

FWIW You might try odin install of the latest factory release. See if that resets the charging.

Tutorial if needed. http://nasirtech.blogspot.com/2014/0...alaxy-tab.html

Good luck
Last edited by mgp53; 7th June 2014 at 08:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mgp53 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgp53

There is a known issue in CM11 with charging while the device is off. It doesn't display properly, but it DOES charge. It was fixed in the latest release... I think.

FWIW You might try odin install of the latest factory release. See if that resets the charging.

Tutorial if needed. http://nasirtech.blogspot.com/2014/0...alaxy-tab.html

Good luck

Thanks! I wanted to do that but I thought it wasn't charging, I'll try it once I get home, much appreciated!
8th June 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Odin keeps freezing whenever I try to load the TabPro 8,4's firmware (I've tried 2 and I'm downloading another 2 right now, it freezes when it's checking the MD5) however it can load other .tar.md5 files just fine, any thoughts?
8th June 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #5  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 41

170 posts
More
The latest release is T320UEU1AND3. SanMobile has a brief tutorial along with the file, and Odin v3.09.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread