Ask a question

No registration required

External sd card

OP WoodyFX

8th June 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Am I the only one who is having difficulty in loading to external sd card sometime movies will load and play once and the next time say cannot play video sometimes the movie files will just be completely gone. Same happens with music files sometimes but not as much trouble with the. This happens with both avi and mp4
I just did the 4.4.2 update but this was going on with 4.2.1 also

It doesn't. Matter if I load files wifi direct or use SuperBeam or straight USB hookup

My SD card is a Samsung Pro 64 gb xc
8th June 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 76

381 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyFX

Am I the only one who is having difficulty in loading to external sd card sometime movies will load and play once and the next time say cannot play video sometimes the movie files will just be completely gone. Same happens with music files sometimes but not as much trouble with the. This happens with both avi and mp4
I just did the 4.4.2 update but this was going on with 4.2.1 also

It doesn't. Matter if I load files wifi direct or use SuperBeam or straight USB hookup

My SD card is a Samsung Pro 64 gb xc

I had the problem using custom ROMs and having to format the SD card to Fat32.
Decided stock ROM was best for full function, and never got the issue since.

Also if you get SD cards from Ebay, there have been cases of fake name brand SD cards from china. You can look for an SD format tool online. There is one in particular that will properly format beyond a Windows format. If it passes, it should work well.. if not it will probably be toast after a few format attempts. Meaning you can format to Fat32 or Exfat but it will not hold data. Seen one with my very own eyes a few years back. Would format and show its maximum free space and load files, but after a certain amount was placed on the card, files would corrupt or go missing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread