Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,456 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root Note 2 on 4.4.2 without using Odin

Tip us?

GZ0ne05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Root Note 2 on 4.4.2 without using Odin

Hi! I just want to root my Note 2 without using Odin. I am having difficulties in connecting my phone to a USB connector, so I don't want to take any chances. All of the instructions in the Internet say that I need to use Odin to either flash CF- Auto Root or flash Philz Recovery first before I use the SuperSU zip file to flash it on my device. If I flash the SuperSU zip file without installing Philz recovery first, would it brick my device?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by GZ0ne05 View Post
Hi! I just want to root my Note 2 without using Odin. I am having difficulties in connecting my phone to a USB connector, so I don't want to take any chances. All of the instructions in the Internet say that I need to use Odin to either flash CF- Auto Root or flash Philz Recovery first before I use the SuperSU zip file to flash it on my device. If I flash the SuperSU zip file without installing Philz recovery first, would it brick my device?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
You cannot flash any zip file via stock recovery,hence you need to flash custom recovery first to be able to flash SuperSU and to flash custom recovery you need to either flash it via odin or terminal emulator.In order to flash via terminal emulator you need to flash cf auto root via odin first. To sum it up you need Odin either ways to root your phone .

If you have correctly installed the Samsung drivers and tried different USB ports and using stock samsung cable Odin should recognize your phone.Uninstall the drivers and re install them from scratch.