Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting Question

Tip us?

pabobert
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooting Question

Before I screw up my phone I have a couple of questions. I have a SGH-I537 running 4.2.2 MF3. First off I don't have AT&T anymore. I have H2O wireless. Wanted to know if that made a difference first off. If it does is there still a way for me to root my phone? I would also like to know if there is a way for me to update to kitkat? Thank you, this is the best site.

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabobert View Post
Before I screw up my phone I have a couple of questions. I have a SGH-I537 running 4.2.2 MF3. First off I don't have AT&T anymore. I have H2O wireless. Wanted to know if that made a difference first off. If it does is there still a way for me to root my phone? I would also like to know if there is a way for me to update to kitkat? Thank you, this is the best site.
Please search before posting. All of this information can be found in the i537 Firmware Thread.

pabobert
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I read it and didnt see anything about having H2O wireless. They were all for AT&T or T-Mobile or overseas carriers. can I just do it like I have AT&T?

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabobert View Post
I read it and didnt see anything about having H2O wireless. They were all for AT&T or T-Mobile or overseas carriers. can I just do it like I have AT&T?
Yes.